Popular • SZA

Ima finish the imagine setup later, I got hw 😭

You are a popular kid in school. The kids worship you, you're like their leader. You weren't mean or cruel, you were nice, smart, rich and beautiful, all the guys and girls swoon over you. Especially Solana, she was shy and kept to herself and she made no effort to say hi. She desperately wanted to though, she wanted so badly to be with you. She just had to find a way to do it.

"Hey, y/n!" Your best friend, Brooklyn said as she ran towards you, arms open to give you a hug. Solana's locker was near the scene and she watched attentively at the interaction, looking at her phone every now and then to seem less suspicious. "Hey, brooklyn! What's up?" Y/n smiles, opening her locker to get her stuff for her next class. "Did you know cheer tryouts are today?" Brooklyn asked. Solana perked up at the sound of cheer tryouts, her elder sister was cheer captain and she ended up getting dragged along since she was her only way home.

"Yeah, I'm trying out. It might be fun and I do need something to do after school, my day seems empty right now." Y/n said, closing her locker door and leaning against the door as she now looked at Brooklyn. "Yay, I'll see you there I'm the new co-captain." Brooklyn beams, hugging her best friend before running off. "It's rude to stare, buttercup." Y/n said, now catching attention to Solana.

"I-I'm sorry" Solana stuttered, avoiding Y/n's gaze as she was now embarrassed. "You're cute, what's your name?" The brown skin beauty asked. "I'm Solana," Solana replied in a small voice. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you Solana. See you around?" She raised an eyebrow. Solana nods her head and Y/n smiles before making her way to her class. Solana holds in her excitement as she makes her way to her next class.

She sits down in her assigned seat right next to her friend, Amala and finally lets out a happy squeal. "Did you meet beyonce or sumn? You're way too happy." Amala asked, looking amused at your happiness. "No, it's y/n, she talked to me." Solana explained. "Oh, period!" Amala hypes her up, happy for her friend's success. "Yeah and y/n's trying out for cheer!" Solana states happily. "Alright class, settle down, today we're taking a test." Solana's teacher, Miss Robinson said, making all the students groan.

Solana was too busy daydreaming about y/n to care about a Pre-Calculus Test she didn't even study for anyway. She took it quickly before running out of the class to meet her sister in the gym to start cheer tryouts. "Lani, y/n is trying out pleaseee let her in the team." Solana pleads using her best puppy dog eyes to get her to say yes. "What do I get from this?" She asked.

"100$?" Solana questioned, praying that would work. "Bet, gimme" She held out her hand waiting for Solana to hand her the cash. Solana took out her wallet and counted out $100 to give Kehlani. "Thank you" She said, counting the money as she walked away to open the doors for tryouts. Solana took her seat on the bleachers that were behind the desks. Y/n and other girls came in and lined up in front of the desks and Kehlani sat down.

Solana watched the girls do a series of tricks and dances that had all the same energy; stale and dry. She knew Kehlani would find something different in the girls that Solana probably wouldn't in her eyes though. When Y/n got ready to do her dance Solana started paying attention. She watched as y/n danced, it was amazing, her tricks and dances blew Solana away. She's never seen anything like it before in all the years of watching cheer tryouts with her sister. If Solana was a judge she'd say yes immediately and she knew the $100 she put in was worth it.

When tryouts were done and everyone was packing their things y/n spotted Solana and went towards her. "I didn't know you cheer" Y/n said. "I don't, my sister is the cheer captain." I explained. "Oh, have you ever thought of cheering?" Y/n asked. "Not really" Solana replied. "You're amazing though." Solana said. "Thank you" Y/n replied. "Wanna sit with me and my friends at lunch tomorrow? I'm sure they'll love you." Y/n said.

"Can my friend Amala come too?" She asked. "Of course." Y/n replied. "Then yes" Solana said. Solana and Y/n had been best friends ever since and went on to dating too.