Gut Feeling • SZA

So I was listening to gut feeling by Ella and had this thought

You sat at the table of your dining room waiting for Solana to come home from work. For a while now she's been at work for longer that usual. She's been coming home at 1 am and you'd wait up for her. You pushed back the feeling that had you thinking she was cheating and put more trust in her.

The gut feeling was killing you inside and you had to know the answer to your question. Solana came in and interrupted your thoughts. You ran up to her and laid a kiss on her cheek.

"Not tonight, love I'm tired" she said, pushing you away to go upstairs. "Maybe if you'd come home earlier we wouldn't have this problem." You mutter but she heard. "Y/n, I told you I have to work a night shift!" She said, making her way upstairs again. "What damn night shift?? When I went to bring you sum food I ain't find you working no damn night shift!" You replied. "Drop it, y/n! I'm tired!" She said before stomping upstairs.

You reluctantly followed her and got under the covers with her. "Lana, can you stay home tomorrow...please?" You asked her. "Sorry y/n but no" she replied.

"Just once, Lana! I'm tired of being alone all day!" You pouted. "I can't, love" She said, kissing your forehead. You hugged and turned your back to her before falling asleep.

The next morning you woke up and she was gone like usual. You got up to brush your teeth then make sum breakfast. You scrolled through insta until it got boring and finished your meal. As you washed your dish you heard Solana come inside.

"Home early?" You asked from the kitchen. "No I forgot something, baby" she said, kissing your cheek before going upstairs. You sighed and flopped on the couch. Solana's phone dinged and caught your attention.

You were going to ignore it and mind your business but it just kept dinging. You weren't surprised with what you saw nor hurt surprisingly. You were completely numb to it. You scrolled through the texts with your girlfriends side chick and sighed.

"Y/n?" Solana gasped. "It's not what you think!" She said, immediately grabbing her phone from your grasp. "Then what is it, Solana?" You asked calmly. She took her lip in between her teeth and thought about it. "I-I'm sorry" she said.

"You know, I never thought you'd break my heart like the others." You simply replied before walking upstairs to your room. You sat on your floor and the hurt finally rushed in. You were shattered and all you could do was cry.

"Y/n?" Solana said. You looked up, face tear stained and eyes glossy. "I really am sorry. You're the best girl I could ever asked for. I'm sorry I've been such a dick lately." She said. You knew it was just her luring you in and oh boy was it working.

You knew you should really drop her but what were you supposed to do without her. Without her you felt empty and you just weren't ready for that yet. So you stayed like the fool you were. Setting yourself up to be cheated on again. You were sure you probably deserved it anyway.

Short but I haven't updated in a minute