Chapter One

The sun shining in through the window of a cottage in Devon. The fresh rays and the sound of the rolling waves of the ocean hitting the beach, meters from the cottage where the Bailey family lives.

Audrey and Alex Bailey had two beautiful daughters, Y/n Bailey was the oldest of the two. She had beautiful h/c hair and bright blue eyes, the same as the ocean. The youngest was Annie Bailey, long blond hair and ocean blue eyes, in many ways she resembled her sister, the only difference being the hair colour. The two have been mistaken for twins on numerous occasions.

Wednesday September 1st 1993, the beginning of Annie's third year and Y/n's fifth year. The rays of the golden sun shot through the bedroom where Y/n slept, fluttering her eyes open with a sigh as she stretches her arms in the air before climbing out of her bed and over to her door. She made her way down the stairs of the cottage to greet her parents who were sitting in the living room with a cup of tea in hand.

"Good morning Y/n." Alex said to his oldest daughter with a warm smile.

"Good morning dad, good morning mum." Y/n replied with a yawn, the clock struck 8am and the sound of Annie thumping down the stairs.

"Good morning Annie, want any breakfast?" She asked her sister who had just landed at the bottom of the stairs with a excited smile on her face.

"I'll have some toast please." Annie replied as she sat at the table.

"I'll do it, we have to get ready for the train and have to leave soon." Audrey said to her daughter's and with a swish of her wand, two plates of toast, each lined with butter and strawberry jam. The two girls speedily ate their breakfast, Annie talking about her friends.

"You know Ron went to Egypt! How cool is that!" Annie said. She had become best friends with the golden trio, so Y/n thought of it as the golden quads.

"Yeah I know! George told me all about it! Apparently he and Fred tried to throw Percy in a tomb!" She said to Annie who burst out laughing. George Weasley is Y/n's best friend, they met on the Hogwarts express when he offered to help with her trunk. George was truly lovely and the kindest person that Y/n had met. The same can't be said for his twin brother. Fred Weasley has always hated Y/n since they met. He would go out of his way to bully and prank her without George's knowledge. Y/n doesn't know what she done wrong but her goal for this year is to ignore him as much as possible.

"I heard from Ron that Percy head boy!" Annie muttered with her mouth full of toast.

"Oh then I dread this year." Y/n giggled as she finished her toast. She excused herself from the table to get ready, she walked back up the stairs to brush her teeth in the bathroom, brushing her hair to remove the birds nest that it usually is on the mornings. After she was finished, she realised that Annie was waiting at the door for her to get ready.

"Sorry Ann." Y/n said to her sister as she went off into her room to change and Annie went into the bathroom.

Y/n went into her bedroom to change into leggings and a plain grey t-shirt with her black trainers. She made sure her bedroom was fully packed, adding in the last of the essentials, her toothbrush and hairbrush went into the trunk, and with one more quick check she added her robes to the top and sealed the trunk shut. Y/n wandered over to her window, gazing at the rolling ocean all the way into the horizon. People from the nearby village of Sidmouth were out wandering the beach with their dogs and families or workers from a nearby Donkey Sanctuary out to provide donkey rides to raise money for the sanctuary. She smiled at the beauty of where she grew up, the people and attractions, even though she'd rather be buried in a book on the beach with sand between her toes.

"Y/n! Annie! Come on, we're leaving soon!" Alex called from the bottom of the stairs. Y/n glanced at the clock. 10am. She grabbed her trunk and wand before running downstairs with Annie close behind her. In the living room was her owl, Ocean. She had blue eyes and fluffy white feathers that had reminded Y/n off the beach.

"Ready to go?" Audrey asked her daughters who were standing by the fireplace ready to go. Both girls nodded and Y/n stepped into the fireplace with her trunk and owl in each of her hands and her wand securely attached between her skin and leggings.

Y/n took some of the black floo powder in the hand she had her trunk, giving a slight cough to clear her throat before saying.

"Platform 9 3/4!"

A green flame surrounded Y/n as she was being twisted, pulled and flipped as she travelled through the fireplaces until she stood on the shiny platform where the Hogwarts express stood waiting for students to board. Annie and her parents came through moments later, finding two compartments on the train before stepping off again and hugging their daughters.

"Have a fun year girls!" Alex said.

"Please be careful of Sirius Black, especially you Annie. And Y/n don't get too stressed with the OWLs you'll do amazing!" Audrey added.

"Don't worry mum. We will." Y/n said, nudging Annie who have a half hearted nod and a hum of approval.

A group of familiar people walked through the wall entrance of the platform. Annie immediately went running when she saw her best friends and she followed soon after when she saw

Him...

Word count: 1000
A/n: Happy Sunday! I hope you had a good week! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my new story. I'm trying a new writing method so tell me if you like it! I'm really excited for this book and I have so many ideas for it, the other chapters will get longer but this was an opening chapter so it was going to be shorter. Tell me your ideas! I would love to include the in this book! Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

P.s: Sidmouth and The Donkey sanctuary are real places and I've been to both of them. Just a fun fact!