Chapter Thirteen

Merry Christmas Y/n
From your Godfather

Y/n read the note over and over again but for some reason she could not get it out of her head. She didn't even know that she had a godfather.

"What does it say Y/n?" Fred asked, leaning slightly closer to her.

"It's from my godfather." She said in a confusing tone.

"You have a godfather?" Hazel gave her a questioning look

"I didn't know I had one until today." Y/n answered in the same confusing tone.

"Do you want to find out who he is?" Phoebe asked as he now read over the small note.

"Of course I do!" Y/n yelped as she smiled widely at her friends. "Will you help me?"

"Of course!" Everyone in the large group replied.

~.~.~Two Months Later~.~.~

Months have passed and it was now early February, there has been no luck in finding out who Y/n's godfather was, although they all trained hard.

In the months, it looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. Each was so angry with the other that Harry couldn't see how they'd ever make up. Ron was enraged that Hermione had never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously, hadn't bothered to keep a close enough watch on him, and was still trying to pretend that Crookshanks was innocent by suggesting that Ron look for Scabbers under all the boys' beds. Annie was conflicted in who she should side with or stay neutral, but through all this, Annie confided in her older sister.

Hermione, meanwhile, maintained fiercely that Ron had no proof that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, that the ginger hairs might have been there since Christmas, and that Ron had been prejudiced against her cat ever since Crookshanks had landed on Ron's head in the Magical Menagerie. Personally, Harry was sure that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, and when he tried to point out to Hermione that the evidence all pointed that way, she lost her temper with Harry too. Although Annie thought that Crookshanks was innocent and would often side with Hermione.

"Okay, side with Ron, I knew you would!" she said shrilly. "First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's my fault, isn't it! Just leave me alone, Harry, I've got a lot of work to do! At least Annie believes me!"

Ron had taken the loss of his rat very hard indeed.

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," said Fred bracingly. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly — one swallow — he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" said Ginny indignantly.

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron, you said it yourself," said George.

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably. "Remember, Harry?"

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.

"His finest hour," said Fred, unable to keep a straight face. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory. Oh, come on, Ron, get yourself down to Hogsmeade and buy a new rat, what's the point of moaning?"