Chapter 7 "Worst nightmare?"

(Tws for chapter up ahead: Drugging, murder, implied experimentation, self-induced vomiting, implied dubcon, and suggestive scenes.)

Hunter hadn't slept well that night. He kept having nightmare after nightmare of his time dating Honey. He hated this. He couldn't tell Updike he couldn't make it to work.

And he full well KNEW he couldn't tell Updike what Honey did to him. Honey would just deny it. And it would work. Hunter felt sick. He ran to the bathroom, emptying the contents of his stomach into the toilet.

He felt sicker. He should see a doctor. But he wouldn't. It wasn't unhealthy yet. He was fine for now. When it became more of a recurring thing, he'd call a doctor. 

He eventually got up, getting ready for work and heading out. He felt groggy, but he kept going. He would shake it off later. He walked into the lobby, giving Maple a quick wave hello before starting up the stairs to his office floor.

When he reached his floor, he wanted to pass out. He felt exhausted. After a few moments, he forced himself back up and trudged into his office. "Mh..." Hunter groaned as he sat down in his chair.

Hunter closed his eyes for a few moments, opening them as he smelled freshly brewed coffee. "Hey, sleeping beauty~! I got you a little something~!" Honey smiled, putting the cup of coffee on Hunter's desk.

Hunter waited a few seconds before picking up the cup of coffee. He wouldn't roofie a cup of coffee. Not in a place like this. He wasn't that stupid. 

Hunter's eyes shot open as he sipped the drink. "You...remembered how sweet I like it..." Hunter gasped.

Honey nodded. "Of courzzzze I did~!" He smiled. "It wazzzz one of my favorite thingzzzz to do in the morningzzz~!" He beamed proudly.

Hunter chugged the rest of the coffee happily. He felt happy again. "Ya know, maybe I was wrong about you yesterday, Honey! Maybe you have changed after all!" Hunter smiled.

Honey seemed to stiffen. "Oh~?" Honey hummed. "How wonderful~" He hummed happily. 

"Huh...........was there......decaf-*Yaaaaaawn*-in this...?" Hunter asked, words slurring together. 

"Oh, you poor thing...~! Staying up late izzzzzn't good for you~!" Honey scolded gently. Hunter nodded lazily. "You're in no state to drive~! How about I take you home for the day, huh~?" Honey suggested.

"No...I still have work to get d........have work to ge......get done..." Hunter yawned. Honey hummed, picking Hunter up.

"Come now~! Let's get you home~" Honey purred. Hunter barely mustered out a whimper before he went under.

Honey started walking out, freezing up as he heard someone clear their throat behind him. "What are you doing?" Updike asked.

"Oh! Mizzzter Updike, sir! Uh, ☟︎♏︎♋︎⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎ said he wazzzzz feeling tired, so I offered to take him home!" Honey smiled nervously.

Updike walked over, looking Hunter over. "Hand him over." Updike ordered. Honey hesitantly did as he was told, Updike holding Hunter carefully.

"Hm. You have your part of the deal to fill out. Get on it." Updike ordered.

"But what abou-" Honey started.

"I'll take care of Hunter." Updike scowled, eyes flashing turquoise and yellow. Honey nodded, rushing off. 

Updike looked down at Hunter, feeling his face heat up slightly as Hunter snuggled closer to him. "He's so cute when he's sleeping..." Updike thought to himself. "You already knew that, Gabriel."