Chapter eight "Here we are."

(Tws ahead for: Noncon, drugging, spying, mentions of experimentation, self-induced vomiting, eating disorders, misgendering, and suggestive trains of thought!)

Hunter sighed, rubbing his eyes. It had been a long day at work and his mind kept going back to what he saw down in the basement. It was...oddly horrifying. It all went by so slowly, yet so quickly.

He felt...weird about it. Updike was so quick to shoot it, even if it didn't seem like it was going to hurt him. Did he actually...? Nah. Hunter dispelled that train of thought quickly. Updike didn't care. 

He couldn't, right? Yeah. He didn't care because he couldn't care because he wouldn't care.  He didn't need to. It wouldn't matter.

While looking through reports, Hunter came across a yellow file folder titled "DO NOT READ, PROPERTY OF BATTLE ENFORCERS ENTERPRISES." Hunter ignored the warning, reading through, finding experiments and horrors he never imagined any human being could perform. Only a monster could do such terrible things.

Shaking his head, Hunter picked up his coffee mug, taking a drink from it. He froze a moment in confusion. Was his coffee saltier than usual? Meh. He payed no attention to it. It was probably leftover from the pretzel he had earlier.

The more coffee he drank, the more lightheaded he felt. He shrugged it off as not getting enough sleep.

Soon, the end of Hunter's shift came and he slowly trudged out to the main lobby. He sat down on a bench in the lobby, recollecting his thoughts.

He couldn't think clearly. He felt tired and just...out of it. "Hey Hunter~! Need a lift home~?" Honey asked.

Hunter nodded groggily. It'd be fine. It would turn out fine. The next thing he knew, he was being picked up and carried out. 

His vision was fairly blurry, so he couldn't make out much, but he knew that they weren't going the direction of his apartment. "Whe we going?" Hunter asked, words slurring together.

"I'm taking you home, Love~! It's been a while, so I wanna have a little fun~" Honey hummed softly.

Hunter weakly struggled, wriggling slightly, trying to escape his grip "No...! Puh me down...!" Hunter whined.

Honey clicked his tongue, giving Hunter a quick kiss on the neck, reducing the small cloud to a tiny whimper. "Such a naughty boy...~" Honey hummed, closing the door to his house as they entered. "You have no clue what you do to me...~" Honey hummed, setting Hunter down on the bed in his room.

"Mnh...!" Hunter squeaked.

"Now~ About that fun~" Honey smirked gently.

Then it all went black.

(Elsewhere.)

Updike checked the clock. It was 1:30 AM. He hadn't heard His Hunter clock out yet. Typically, he'd get out by the end of his shift. If this were anyone else, he'd shrug it off as them losing track of the time, but this wasn't anyone else.

CRACK.

This was His Hunter.

SOMETHING WAS WRONG.

Thinking on his feet, he went to His Hunter's office. He wasn't there. His coffee mug still was. Updike picked it up, sniffing the contents, retching and holding it away from himself as he smelled it.

It was drugged.

Quickly hurrying to the security office, Updike signed into the computer and checked the cameras' recordings.

Ah! He paused at one part, recorded "Dec. 29, 7:57 AM." Honey brought the coffee in. Updike frowned. Maybe it was a coincidence.

He still went to go see if His Hunter had gotten home safely. Hunter was HIS. Nobody was taking His Hunter away from him.