Chapter 14 "Dangerous habits."

(TWs ahead for: Sexual references, use of the word slut, intrusive thoughts(I guess), teasing, skin picking mention, spread of harmful rumors, and misgendering! Be careful, guys! :D Also, uh, self-smut warning for Hunter at the end because he's fallen hard and he doesn't really know how to deal with those feelings-)

Hunter groaned, rolling out of bed. Another night, another nightmare, another blackout drinking session. He needed therapy.

No duh. He'd been through so much. He needed therapy.

BAD.

Understatement of the year, much, Hunter? You dumbass.

Hunter sighed. Looked up at the ceiling, feeling overly dejected. He knew that if he went back to work, Maya would just get worse. 

He still cared about Maya. He still considered her his friend.

She spread such hurtful rumors about him, yet he still considered her his friend.

He. 

Felt. 

Awful.

He wondered how everyone else was doing.

(Elsewhere.)

Abott got up, performing his morning routine.

On his way out, he went to check on the guest he took in the other night. He wanted make sure they were okay! They were soaking wet when he found them, he didn't want them to be sick!

"Hey, I'm gonna go to work, are you gonna be okay on your own while I go to work?" He asked.

They nodded in response. "Great! See you around seven or eight!" Abott nodded, smiling happily.

Abott left his apartment, leaving a trail of a sweet scent behind him as he went. He felt good about himself! He was helping someone in need!

It was for the Greater Good! It would be fine!

Updike would be so proud of him! Updike had wanted him to take initiative more, this was him doing that! He was helping someone who needed it! He was doing the right thing!

(With Hunter)

Hunter stood outside the elevator. He needed to get over his fear of elevators eventually. He had to. He couldn't be scared of elevators forever. As he went to step into the elevator, he felt a warm hand fall onto his shoulder.

Hunter looked up, noticing Updike had somehow snuck up next to him. "You don't have to do this alone, you know." Updike said calmly.

Hunter chuckled dryly. He felt safe, yet...

Hunter immediately fell to his knees, slamming his hands over his head, covering his ears. Everything came to a screeching halt.

(May 24th, 2015.)

The day started off as normal as any other. Rosetta was at the main communication station, Maxwell was getting his morning coffee, and Hunter was on his way up to the main control center. Hunter had made his way up the job ladder with a few perks due to relations within the company.

Nobody could've seen the tragedy that would unfold that day coming. God, nobody could've seen it coming. It'd be the worst day of the company's life, and the worst day of Rosetta, Maxwell AND Hunter's lives.

Hunter stepped into the elevator, pressing the button for the highest floor. That was where he worked. He had still been a little shaky-he just dealt with Honey AGAIN. Honey just didn't know when to quit.

Hunter sighed, crossing his arms across his chest and leaning back against the back wall of the elevator. It'd be fine. He just needed to tell them. They could get Honey to leave him alone.