Chapter 10

I can't believe I am face to face with the men who originally kidnapped me. Weren't they the people Chase was supposed to be hiding us so well from? 

I am faced with three options. Go with Adam and Sean, run back to the house, or keep running away and hope I can get away from all of them. I'm not sure who I trust more. 

I hear some commotion coming from the woods behind me. I make a last-minute decision and climb into the backseat of their car, not realizing the color of it.

Dark red. 

I reach for the door, but it's locked. I continue helplessly pulling at the handle.

Sean turns around from the driver's seat. 

"Going somewhere so soon?" He says. 

I see two figures emerge from the woods.

"We need to go now! Please!" I plead.

Adam and Sean look at each other and laugh.

Sean rolls down his window.

"What's up, boys?" He says with a head nod. 

Chase climbs in on my left side and Jason on my right.

"Sean, be careful with my car, alright?" Chase says. 

I didn't think I could be more confused after earlier, but I proved myself wrong. The four people I have feared most in my life are in the same car as me. 

"Let's head back, shall we?" Adam says. 

Sean starts to drive. We are back at the house in five minutes. I guess I didn't run as far as I thought I did. The boys get out of the car, but I refuse to move. I am frozen in shock.

Jason drags me out by my ankles and then throws me over his shoulder. I start kicking and punching at his back, but it's no use. He throws me down onto the couch and moves to stand with the others. I get up right away and sprint to the door, but someone wraps their arms around my waist and throws me back onto the couch.

"You really think you could get past of all of us?" Chase asks.

I send a glare his way. 

"Does anyone care to tell me what is going on?" I ask. 

"Well, since it's my turn this time, I guess I can explain." Chase starts. "You see, my boys here, and I have a bit of a pact. When one of us finds a girl we like, we do some research and figure out a way to make her his. We have found that the most effective way is to make them a poor damsel in distress and then have the boy come in like prince charming and save the day."

"But you were different," Sean says. "You fought back. We knew that this would not be as simple as the others." 

"Wait, I'm not the only girl that you guys have done this to?"

"No, Jason, Adam, and I have all already done this successfully, I might add." Sean answers. 

"I wanted to wait until I was sure that you were the one I wanted, hence why I have been watching you for so long," Chase says. 

I feel a tear start to run down my face. 

"But, if you would have just asked me out, I would have said yes. I did say yes!" I yell out. 

"I suppose, but I wanted to make sure it would last forever." He replies. 

"So what, you guys kidnap a girl just to rescue her?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Adam says. 

"So why did I wake up to Sean on my couch and Adam at my door? Why not just kidnap me?" I ask.

"Chasey boy here messed up. He knocked you out in the car before we could kidnap you." Adam says. "We were supposed to get you that night, but we didn't want you to suspect Chase being involved in any of this." 

I bring my knees up to my chest. I'm not even sure what to think. 

"Now that I've got you, I'm never going to let you go," Chase says. "We're going home tomorrow morning, so get ready." 

"Are you kidding me? I'm not going home with you!" I say and stand up. 

Chase grabs my wrist and starts dragging me upstairs.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but you belong to me now, and you will do what I say!" He screams at me. 

He pushes me into my room, and I hear him lock the door. 

I start to sob uncontrollably. I can't believe any of this is happening. I lie down on the bed and cry myself to sleep. 

I wake up to someone sitting on the other side of my bed. I sit up suddenly and cry out.

"Shhh shhh shhh. It's okay." 

He leans into the moonlight provided by the window, and I see that's it's Chase. 

"We need to get going to catch our plane." He whispers. 

"I told you that I'm not going home with you." 

"You know what, Alexa, I tried to do this the easy way, but if this is how you want to act, then so be it." 

I feel a sudden pinch on my arm and start to fall back asleep. 

"See you at home, my love," Chase says, leaving a kiss on my forehead, and I am submerged into darkness.