Chapter 15

I turn around to be met with the eyes of the one and only Chase. Of course. 

I open my mouth to scream but Chase quickly covers my mouth.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..."

Chase moves his jacket aside to display a gun tucked into the waistband of his pants. My eyes grow wide, and my heart starts racing. He removes his hand and grabs my upper arm tightly. He starts dragging me quickly, and I can barely keep up. We exit the square, but Chase keeps his grip on me.

"Chase, you're hurting me!"

I try to wiggle my arm out of his grasp, but it's no use. We finally reach the car, and Chase rips the door open before pushing me inside. He then slams the door and stomps over to the driver's side. He climbs in and starts the car right away. He reaches over and fastens my seatbelt for me before doing his own and speeds down the road. 

The ride back to the house is silent. It took around 20 minutes. Chase did not even glance over my way, so I looked out the window with my chin in my hand. 

We reach the house, and Chase pulls into the garage. He makes sure the garage door is shut before unlocking the doors. Chase exits the car, but I don't move. I'm not sure that I am ready for the anger that is about to come. Of course, he doesn't care about this and violently rips the door open and grabs me again. 

I drag my feet, trying to slow him down before crouching down, making it difficult for him to pull me. 

"Goddamnit, Alexa!"

Chase grabs me under my arms before tossing me over his shoulder. I kick and punch, but he slaps my ass hard. I gave up and just accepted my fate. He continues carrying me through the house, and my butt still stings from his slap. 

Chase dumps me on a couch in the living room. He looks at me before running a hand through his hair frustratingly. He takes a deep breath before walking out of the room and then stopping suddenly.

"Stay right there. Don't you dare fucking move." 

He leaves for real this time, stomping down the hall. My stomach is turning just thinking about what he might do to me. I start picking at the skin on my fingers, and my stomach drops. I forgot to put on my wedding ring this morning. If Chase finds out, he might actually kill me! I hear Chase coming back, so stop playing with my hands. I don't want to draw any attention to it. 

He can't be too hard on me since he loves me, right? 

"Get up and follow me," Chase says. His voice is stern, and his face shows no emotion. 

I stand up but am unable to move my feet. I really am not looking forward to what is to come. 

"Alexa, you're going to have to move or so help me I will drag you by your hair."

I find some strength and start walking over. Chase grabs my upper arm again, and we start walking towards the back of the house. We stopped in front of a door of a room I had not been in before because it was locked. It's in a more secluded part of the house, on the first floor with only one room near it. Chase grabs a key from his pants pocket and opens the door. The room is pitch black before he flips the light on. There is a metal table located in the center of the room above a drain with a variety of tools lining the walls. There were knives, hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and even a chainsaw. 

I feel my knees start to buckle, and I almost collapse, but Chase holds me up. He closes and locks the door before picking me up again. I try to wiggle out of his hold, but he slams me onto the table. I hit my head and started to feel a bit dizzy. In my daze, Chase straps down my wrists and ankles, as well as securing a band around my waist so that I am not able to move. 

"Now, Alexa, do you know why I am doing this?" 

He starts putting on some latex gloves, and I hear some clattering.

"Oh, why are we so quiet all of a sudden, hmmm?" 

He walks over and stands above me.

"I thought that was one of the things we discussed yesterday?"

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. 

"Fine, I'll ask you again. Do you know why I am doing this?"

"Because I tried to escape," I mutter.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you?"

"Because you're a psycho!" I yell and start pulling at my restraints.

"Wrong answer!" 

I hear the sounds of running water, and Chase starts spraying me with a hose. The water is freezing, and Chase does not stop until I am drenched from head to toe. I spit some water out and frequently blink so that I can see again. 

Chase walks up with a little black box which causes a confused look to come to my face. He presses a button, and I can barely see an electric line going between two points. My confusion morphs into fear, and I start to scream.

He lifts my shirt, exposing my stomach, and smiles before sticking the taser on my side. I can feel my side start to burn and I wiggle, trying to escape. I scream out in agony. This is some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. The pain spreads throughout my entire body, and just as I am about to lose consciousness Chase pulls the taser off. 

I wish I could curl up in a ball, but since I am strapped down, I am left shaking with all of my energy drained. 

Chase walks over and strokes my cheek.

"Incredible; even in distress, you are absolutely stunning."

He leans down and kisses me, but I am not able to run away this time. When he pulls away, I am out of breath and disgusted.

"I think you've learned your lesson, yes?"

I nod hurriedly.

He unties one of my wrists and moves to the next one before stopping.

"Where's your wedding ring?"

Uh oh. I gulp.

"I m-m-ust ha-a-ave forgo-o-otten it thi-i-is morni-i-ing." I stutter out. 

He starts to refasten my wrist, and tears begin spilling from my face.

"N-n-oo-oo." I plead.

"I'm going to go for a slightly different approach."

He picks up a metal rod with a small "C" on it. He then grabs a blowtorch and applies it to the letter until the metal is red hot. 

He comes closer and moves my hair from the side of my face before sticking the letter on my neck just below my ear. Smoke appears from the water on my skin, and the burning pain is excruciating on the sensitive area. I cry out and try to move my head, but Chase grabs onto my jaw and holds my head in place. 

The rod is removed, and Chase stands back to admire his work. 

"Now, not only do you know that you are mine, but everyone else will know too." He whispers. 

He picks up the hose once more and drenches me again with freezing cold water. My limbs have started to fall asleep from the temperature and the lack of movement. He then turns the light off and exits the room, leaving me alone in the darkness soaking wet.