Part 12: I called your name 'til the fever broke

A/N: I don't know how I ended up writing seven pages of smut. If I have a brand, it's sad, chaotic, and horny. CW: Dirty talk, (somewhat) romantic sex, oral sex, teasing (so much teasing), slight daddy kink (happens once - still gonna warn for it.)

They fall asleep as the record is still spinning, both of them sleeping right through the night as snow continues to fall outside. It's the first really good sleep she's gotten since she's been here. The temperature is perfect and Bucky' body heat is so comforting.

At one point, she wakes up confused, with Bucky's arm wrapped around her. She looks behind her to find him sleeping soundly, his lips parted. Somehow, they've managed to bury themselves under the blankets over the course of the night. She must have fallen asleep first, because her wine glass is resting on the nightstand, next to his. She can hear his soft breath in her ear and feel it on the back of her neck.

Maybe this isn't so bad.

By morning, there are piles of snow outside the window, gathering on the balcony and the sunlight bounces off of it, reflecting a beautiful bright light and letting it spill into the apartment. Bucky buries his face in her shoulder and she hears him moan. It's gorgeous - low, and sexy as it ricochets through her bones like music.

It's nice to sleep next to someone. Eden has forgotten how much she's missed it. She lets her eyes unfocus and just enjoy the fact that Bucky is beside her, even if the feeling is foreign and a little uncomfortable. Neither of them are sure where they stand, but right now, she doesn't care. It feels nice to be held. Somehow, she woke up feeling gentler than normal - especially toward him. It feels like her mind is trying to process the past 24 hours. Eden has a feeling she's going to be processing it for a while.

She feels Bucky's grip on her tighten and then his lips on the back of her neck, pressing soft kisses to her skin. Her muscles tense up at first, and then she hears him laugh.

"Eden, you've gotta relax," he purrs.

"You're awake?"

"Been awake for about an hour," he replies. "A beam of sunlight hit me in the goddamn eye."

She scoffs and he presses more kisses against her skin. Eden takes a shaky breath, Bucky's fingers play with the hem of her shirt.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Good, actually."

"Me too. First time in a while."

They have more in common than they should. Enemies often do. She supposes that's why they've hated each other so much. The past day has shed light on just how much she and Bucky are alike. Similar family situations, similar pasts... why couldn't they have gotten along for the past year? It would have been so much better than this – lying awkwardly in a bed together while a blizzard rages outside.

Actually, the only one who's lying awkwardly is Eden. Bucky's seems perfectly comfortable. Too comfortable, in fact. His cock is pressing into her backside. She can feel its thickness through two layers of tough denim.

"You have problems sleeping?" She asks.

"Nightmares," Bucky murmurs. His hand lifts to pull her hair aside and sucks gently on the skin. Eden whines.

"Bucky..."

"I don't wanna talk about them. Don't like to talk about them."

She has a feeling Bucky doesn't like to talk about his feelings much at all.

His teeth graze her skin and she moans as his metal fingers dive beneath her shirt, cupping her breast and rolling her nipple between his thumb and forefinger.