Part 17: beg

CW: Smut. Teasing, edging, switch!Bucky, oral sex (f receiving), handjobs, spit kink, choking, degradation, slapping, rough sex.

Eden and Bucky get up to the 14th floor and follow Steve to their room. He hands Bucky the key and they step inside. It's gorgeous, much nicer than the safehouse they've been staying in near Queens. There are fresh roses on the dresser that must have been placed here just before they got upstairs. The room is dark, with crimson wallpaper, unlit candles, and a large bed - maybe the biggest bed Eden has ever seen - adorned with dark red sheets.

It's dark and romantic, everything Eden could possibly want in a honeymoon suite. She smiles, warmth creeping into her cheeks. Steve and Bucky look around, both of them whistling softly.

Once Steve turns on all the lights, all of the ambiance vanishes and it's just a room again - an expensive-looking room in one of the best hotels in New York, but a room nonetheless.

She and Bucky could fix that though.

"Welcome," Steve announces. "To the honeymoon suite. Figured it was the least I could do after what happened down there. I'm really–"

"We get it, Steve," Bucky interrupts. "It's okay."

Steve nods and they sit down on a set of couches. Steve pulls out a pack of cigarettes. Sobraines. Eden arches an eyebrow.

"You smoke girls' cigarettes."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Steve mumbles, exhaling a cloud of smoke. "I didn't realize cigarettes had a gender. I thought you feminists were supposed to be all inclusive and shit."

"I was just making an observation," Eden counters. "You seem like you really care about your masculinity. Maybe you picked them up and just didn't know..."

Or maybe they're not his. Eden has a feeling it's the latter. Steve grins at her, looking her up and down. Eden scratches her eye with her middle finger.

"Those things are marketed to chicks, man," Bucky replies. "They're on billboards. There's a fancy bitch in heels and a black dress–"

Eden swats him on his metal arm.

"We're called women, you sexist pig. Not bitches, not chicks. Women. Can you say that with me?"

She hits him again. Bucky yelps.

"Hey! Watch it! You're gonna say that to the man you love?!"

Steve rolls his eyes and Eden sneers at Bucky.

"I'd say that and a hell of a lot more. Just because I like you doesn't mean you're off the hook with that sexism shit."

"Love," Steve repeats. "You love him. Just say it, Klein. It's all over your face."

Bucky reaches out and pats Steve on the knee.

"Give her a break, man. She's been through a lot tonight."

"Sorry. Again."

"It's fine," Eden whispers.

They sit in awkward silence for a while. Eden is still reeling from Bucky's confession tonight. Her cheeks are pink from the cold and she realizes that his suit jacket is still slung around her shoulders. Bucky rubs her back. It's like he can tell that she's completely lost in thought. She looks over at him. It's been a while since she saw him like this. Soft, sweet. No matter how many times she tells herself that their relationship is real, she still can't get over the fact that just weeks ago, she couldn't stand looking at him every time he walked through the door of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bounties. Now, when she sees him, all she wants to do is feel his mouth on hers, his hands swimming along her skin, searching out the most sensitive places on her body.