Part 14: tell it to my heart

A/N: CW for smut. Daddy kink, spit kink (sorrysorrysorrysorry), choking, rough sex, a little bit of aftercare. All of this is consensual.

The snow has subsided. As opposed to a blizzard that she can barely see through, there's only a small amount of snow falling tonight. It's kind of romantic, becoming illuminated in the street lamps. She can hear people outside, small groups, mostly. The city hasn't quite returned to the regular hustle and bustle that she's grown accustomed to every time she comes here.

Bucky steps out of the bathroom dressed in a tight-fitting black suit with a bowtie. His hair is slicked back and he's shaved down to stubble. He turns around in the living room as Eden begins to take her hair out of her rollers.

"How do I look?" He asks.

"Jaw-droppingly gorgeous."

"Wow," he breathes. "So weird to hear you compliment me... can you do it again?"

"You get one, Bucky," she replies with a grin.

She's half dressed in a bra and a slip, her bare feet tucked underneath her body.

"Bathroom's free if you need it."

She squeaks happily.

"Perfect. I need to fix my hair."

"What's wrong with your hair?"

She resists the urge to roll her eyes at him. She's been doing it less lately, and he seems to appreciate it.

"Well, for starters, there are rollers in it."

Bucky tilts his head, grinning.

"That's not intentional?"

"Do you live to annoy me?"

A wicked grin spreads across his face.

"Annoy you and give you orgasms."

She stands up, grabs her makeup bag and her hairbrush. When she goes to pass him, he pulls her by the waist so that she's pressed up against him. His gaze is intense. His bright blue eyes pierce hers.

"You're so beautiful."

"So weird to hear you compliment me," she breathes.

His tongue darts out of his mouth to swipe across his bottom lip. Eden melts.

"Do you want me to say it again?"

"I think if you keep looking at me like that, we won't be going to a fundraiser."

Bucky leans in and presses his lips against hers.

"You'd better behave yourself then."

Eden still isn't quite used to the quickly growing affection she's feeling for him, but she's actually letting herself feel it. It's strange and new, but she likes it. Bucky, for all of his faults (and there are many), isn't so bad. He can be very sweet, thoughtful, and gentle. She's grown accustomed to sharing a bed with him and waking up next to him in the morning. She even likes his morning breath -- well, she tolerates it.

"I don't think I'm the one who needs to behave."

He wiggles his eyebrows.

"We'll see about that, sweetheart."

He releases Eden and as she darts into the bathroom, he gives her ass a smack. She turns around and smacks his ass right back. Bucky yelps.

"Don't dish it out if you can't take it, Barnes!"

Eden waltzes into the bathroom. She takes her time brushing out her curls, gives her hair a spritz with hairspray, and puts on a bit of makeup. Bucky sticks his head into the bathroom as she's lining her eyes. She hears him whistle softly behind her. Eden can't help but smile. Things have changed so quickly.