Part 21: dangerous woman

CW: Smut, dirty talk, slight daddy kink

Bucky calls Steve at the hotel, but there's no answer. He tries his apartment, finding out that he managed to take down Peggy's father and she shot him in the right arm for it. It's in a sling now, and will be for the next few months. Peggy shattered some bones. It was well-deserved, in Eden's opinion, but Steve didn't think it was that funny.

He used a cut of his bounty money to pay for their room for another two weeks.

Bucky and Eden spend three days at Claire's. Once he's able to walk better and his pain is more manageable, Claire gives him some painkillers, some medical supplies to change his wound, and drives them back to Matt's office. Eden was worried that Claire wasn't who she said she was. She always thinks the worst about people, but that's mainly because people are the worst, and they always disappoint you.

Claire managed to get the blood out of Bucky's dress shirt. There hasn't been any snow for three days, and the roads are relatively clear.

Bucky's car is still parked outside of Matt's office. Eden expected to find a shitload of parking tickets stuck underneath the wipers, but there's just a note on the windshield that says:

Took care of the parking tickets. You can buy Matt a drink at Josie's.
- Nelson and Murdock

Bucky chuckles softly.

"I knew they were good people. Let's go find Rumlow."

"No," Eden replies. "Let's go back to the hotel. Three days isn't long enough for you to rest."

He rolls his eyes.

"Come on, Eden–"

She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I'll give you a blowjob if you promise to spend the rest of the week laying low at the hotel."

Bucky raises his eyebrows and considers the offer before grinning.

"You've got yourself a deal."

"You're too easy, Barnes," Eden chastises as they climb into the car. He blasts the heater as the engine turns over. Eden looks down to find him unzipping his pants. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"You said I'd get a blowjob–"

"Yeah, at the hotel!"

He sighs, rolls his eyes, and zips his pants back up.

"Fine."

"You're a fucking idiot."

"You're the idiot," he mutters. "Should've been clearer."

"I'm not arguing with you about this. It's the middle of the day and you wanted me to give you head in a parked car in Hell's Kitchen." She reaches over and swats him upside the head. "Stupidity leak!"

"Ow! God, you're mean."

"You love it."

He grins.

"I do."

Bucky pulls out of his parking spot and they drive back to the hotel, his metal hand grasps the steering wheel while the other reaches out to rub her thigh. She smiles as she looks out the window. Bucky gets angry about traffic, leaning on the horn and screaming at people with the windows rolled up, but despite his road rage, Eden couldn't be happier right now. They've spent a lot of this assignment cooped up together and not working, but they couldn't exactly help that given the circumstances. She feels like a completely different person than she was a few weeks ago when she started this assignment. Bucky feels different too. Love does crazy things to a person.