Part 16: oh, what a night!

A/N: Y'all are gonna need to buckle up in this one. No smut in this one, but there's a big, smutty chapter being planned out as I type this. 

"Oh, shit!" Steve shouts, laughing and leaning against the doorway as Bucky pulls out of Eden, swearing under his breath as he fumbles to zip up his pants.

They're both covered in sweat and breathing heavily as Steve closes the door and steps inside, locking it. At least he has the decency to do that, she thinks.

A fire still rages through her veins and she has to calm herself down and remind herself that Bucky isn't fucking her anymore. Eden pulls her dress down and bares her teeth, quickly trying to cover up the growing hickey on her neck with a curtain of golden hair. It's fruitless. Steve already knows what they were doing, but it just makes her feel better.

"I fucking knew it." He points at Bucky, a big smile on his face. "I fucking told you! I told you to fuck it out!"

She looks at Bucky, who turns red and

Fuck it out? What the fuck does that mean?

She decides it's not important at the moment. She'll ask him later.

Steve sighs and laughs, shaking his head.

"Damn, Sam owes me a hundred bucks."

For some reason, the joke ignites rage in the pit of Eden's stomach. If this was just sex, she would feel differently, but the dance that they shared, her confession that she wants this to be something more, and the way Bucky snuggles up to her in the morning, whispering little inside jokes makes her want to protect what they have. And Eden is ferocious.

She launches toward Steve, fist raised and knuckles white, ready to hit him.

"You bet on us?!" Eden shouts. She begins smacking him in the head and shoulders. Steve yelps with every hit. "YOU FUCK! YOU -" Smack! "MOTHER!" Smack! "FUCKER!"

Smack! Smack! Smack!

"OW!" Steve howls. "OW! EDEN–"

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?!" She shouts. "You're supposed to be in Chicago, you dumb fucking ASSHOLE!"

Bucky is behind her, his hand over his mouth, laughing hysterically and silently. Eden turns around and points at him.

"Shut up!"

He raises both hands, struggling hard to keep a straight face. She lo – likes him. Adores him, even. She thinks. Is it hormones? Eden hasn't been in love in a long time. But she also wants him to shut up. He's not helping right now.

"Baby, I didn't say anything!"

"Baby?" Steve asks, stifling laughter before Eden hits him again and he starts squealing. For someone who works out all the time and carries a gun, he's kind of a pussy. When she backs off, he points at Bucky, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You called her baby. Why did you call her that? Is that a thing? What do I need to know?"

Bucky shakes his head and Eden feels like hitting Steve again. He's so fucking nosy.

"Steve–"

"No, I wanna know! What's the deal—"

Eden immediately cuts Steve off. She's not comfortable with revealing the nature of their relationship when she doesn't even know what it is. Steve isn't even supposed to be in New York.

"I thought I told you to shut up," She growls.

"You didn't," Steve counters in that "uh, actually" tone he gets when he wants to be a condescending prick. "You said, and I quote: 'You fuck, you motherfucker, what the fuck are you even doing here? You're supposed to be in Chicago, you fucking asshole.' Verbatim." He taps his temple. "Photographic memory."