chapter 12: forget it pt2

wednesday. 8:15am (again...)

y/n stepped down the stairs, the sound of a loud blast worrying her as she rushed to find her siblings. her head felt unusually cloudy, she had foggy memories playing through her head. had she had a weird dream? it was like something she hadn't quite experienced.. a fever dream? and yet it still felt so real.

as she leant through the doorway to see her siblings all gathered around in the parlour, staring at a body laying on the bar, she held a hand to her head. as she stepped closer in, moving to stand beside allison she realised it was five, laying on a briefcase.

"you guys, am i still high or do you see him too?" klaus slowly pushed himself off the couch he had flung himself on to.

luther immediately went to interrogate him, "five, where have you been?" they all moved closer to him, helping him roll off the bar. he looked injured, y/n noted.

"are you alright?" allison grabbed one of his arms, hauling him up to stand.

"who did this?" luther held onto his other arm, looking shocked at the state of him.

five scoffed, refusing anymore help and stealing allison's coffee from her hand. "irrelevant" he begun to walk away, downing majority of the cup in one long chug, limping slightly.

he turned back to look at them once he was finished, "so, the apocalypse is in three days" he took a deep breath, "the only chance we have to save our world is well.. us"

"the umbrella academy" luther realised like it hadn't been obvious in the first place.

"yeah, but with me obviously. so, if ya'll don't get your side show acts together and get over yourselves we're screwed. who cares if dad messed us up. are we going to let that define us? no" he sighed, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a folded piece of paper. "but to give us a fighting chance to see next week, i've come back with a lead. we know who's responsible for the apocalypse"

he handed the paper over to allison and everyone bar five leaned over to see. "this is who we have to stop" allison urgently unfolded the paper, four words written in the middle.

'reassignment: protect harold jenkins'

"harold jenkins?" allison read the paper over and over, confused.

diego looked up at five now, "who the hell is harold jenkins?"

they waited in suspense as five finished off the coffee before chucking the cup away behind him, frowning. "i don't know.. yet. but i do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. so we have to find him and we have to do it now"

"but how is he connected to what's going to happen?" luther's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"i don't know"

"wait, so you just know his name? that's it?" diego remarked in disbelief.

"that's enough" five continued to try and push his point.

diego took a step forward, raising an eyebrow, "there's probably dozens of harold jenkins' in the city"

"well, we just better start looking then"

"i'm sorry, am i the only one who's skeptical here?" allison begun but y/n wasn't interested in her sibling's doubts.

y/n watched as five winced, hand twitching at his side as he went to reach for his abdomen. he was injured..

"i mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

"harold jenkins" five sneered, he was growing frustrated, "you know those lunatics in mass who attacked the house?"