Episode 1 - I got you.. always

Credits to the Artist: AlalaOriginal artwork: https://www

Original artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94413180

||||

New York, a place filled with luxury, prestige and opportunities but... it is only a side of the same coin.. the other is cauldron for turmoil, uncertainties, a haven of mistrusts and spite brewing in each minute that passes. It is shaped by tyrants, those who work in the shadows, the blaring shouts of people who thought they were under a political rule known as democracy. New York is a spearhead of modernity but it is also a time bomb ticking in every heart beat.. only one woman can forge a path to set New York's streets and alleys.. Ghost-Spider. Beneath the mask is just an ordinary teen girl named Gwen Stacy.

In the normal side of things, a very EXTRA ordinary young lad named (Y/N) (L/N) is the best friend of Gwen Stacy since they were kids. Without knowing the true identity of Ghost-Spider, (Y/N) had started to develop his feelings for Gwen over the years.

The toaster springs up the slightly burnt bread. You fill it, latching it to your teeth. In a rush, you left the house with sweating bullets, on your way to the school. You took out your phone and opened Instant-gram, your eyes sparkled as you saw New York's Slinger, Spider-woman, in your phone.

"Ghost-Spider's amazing."

You mumbled to yourself as you were watching a live footage of her swinging across the scrapers of New York after apprehending a couple of fugitives. Just all in her day's work.

You took a bite into the filled bread. Arrived in front of your best friend's house, you wipe the sweat off your forehead. You put away your phone went up their porch. Knocked the door and called "Gwen?? Are you ready yet?"

"She's still in bed (Y/N)."
You heard a muffled reply through the door.

"I see, thank you Mrs. Stacy"
You responded, biting your bottom lip.

You put your hands in your pockets and turned to the street, tapping your left foot, seeing a taxi pass by. You hear the door open, you looked over your shoulder and revealed that it was Mrs. Stacy.

You greeted her "Good morning" with a smile, friendly as you can be.

She waved at you and said "Good morning (N/M)" Helen is still using your nickname since you were just a child. "I appreciate you coming here everyday to pick up Gwen, escorting her and all that. Her daddy's having night work more often than usual." She added.

You gave a half smile, replying "No need to thank me, it's just a 'friend-thing' you know?" You awkwardly explained "Like meeting up before going to school and stuff"

Both of you were friends ever since you were young, keeping it that way up until present.

Helen took a deep breath and "Gwen!? Hurry up!" She shouted, calling her daughter. But Gwen didn't respond. Her mother sighed and looked back to you.