Episode 5 - Betrayal! And Mistrusts?

You were eating lunch with Gwen and Peter at the cafeteria.

"I still don't know why you didn't come with us at ESU" Gwen wondered out loud before drinking her apple juice.

"Cuz I chose to work at Oscorp as an intern" You finally satisfied their curiosity

The two sprung close to you "YOU'RE WORKING FOR OSCORP?!"

"Woah" You said, knitting your brows. "Is that really of a big deal?"

"Oscorp is the home of THE- I say THE! most advanced tech facilities." Peter explained "How'd you get in?" He asked

"Simple. Norman Osborn came into our house and asked me to work for him-"

Peter choked on his sandwich "CAME INTO YOUR HOUSE?" He swallowed a bite "-Norman doesn't just come into someone's home and say 'hey build something for me and i pay big bucks'"

"Okay Okay! Chill! My dad is one of the spearheads who has business with him. That's why he came into my house, that's when he saw my project and asked me to work for him.. and he's also a distant relative." you clarified and shrugged after the last word.

The two of them felt jealous especially Gwen. Surely working under Curtis Connors is such an amazing opportunity but working for an Tech empire like Oscorp? A playground where every toy at your disposal is the best.

Gwen bit her lip, she felt left behind. The moment she had in the Court the other day has slowly becoming forgotten now. She felt that you too left her out.. well.. in another way.

You looked at her, gripping her fork tightly with puppy eyes and puckered lips, just a feather's tickle away from making her cry.

MJ approached Peter and asked if she could help her with something. Peter left after letting the two of you know.

Gwen looked away and spoke in a low tone, almost unintentionally "You could've told me."

"Huh? did you say something?"

She sighed and said "Nothing."

You scoot closer to her and took your chances "Gwen, it's been awhile since we ate out. Wanna go get shawarma and ice cream on Sunday? It's a special event!" You suggested.

"Ugh.. I'm not in the mood right now. I'll see you later." She said coldly to you before leaving you all alone.

You watch her leave, wondering why she talked to you like that.

Some time later after dismissal

Peter was at Gwen's living room waiting for her to come down, he was there to build their science fair display boards and come up with a design for their table.

A stoic blonde man came from the front door. Peter faced him and gave a smile.

"H-Hello! You must be Gwendolyne's father, George. I-I'm Peter Parker, Gwen's partner for the fair." He introduced himself.

"That's Mr. Stacy to you Parker." He said whilst taking off his coat. "Only (Y/N) can call me George. Do you know him?"

"Y-Yes I do, he's also my friend Mr. Stacy." Peter had a cold sweat

"Did something happen between the two of them?" He raised a brow "My daughter was always paired up with him."

"No sir, they are alright." Peter nodded with his teeth showing and his brows knit together, nervous.

"I see." George replied

A rush of footsteps came down to the stairs, it was Gwen. She stopped midway and called for Peter.