Episode 7 - Through Thick and Thin

Gwen, her lips shaking, breathing uncontrollably as she holds the paper.

"(Y-Y/N)"

Everyone in the room looked at Gwen, her mother got up and comforted her.

---

You were at the roof of your house, sitting and laying your back against the chimney. Your phone glowed up for the seventieth time now. Notifying you "57 Missed calls 37 Unread messages." All of them are from Gwen.

Moments before...

Peter left because it was getting late. Gwen went to her room, feeling the cold night and the weight on her chest. *Narrator laughs*

The paper bag you left had a box of duo flavor cocoa and vanilla chocolate, a single rose with a ribbon, and a shattered bottle which was the container of the letter you wrote.

It said:

"Hey Gwen, Happy Valentine's Day Gwen. I know a shawarma restaurant isn't a best place for a dinner date but it is our favorite! Anyways.. For all the years, you've proven to be the greatest friend I could ever have.. but there is something I want to relay to you.. So Gwen, I love you and for quite awhile now. You don't have to respond to it btw. I tried to hint it whenever I had the chance to show it. Your mom knows it. I know my chances are slim but I just want to express how I feel. I could just tell you right now since I'm standing in front you but I think it's fun to let you read my thoughts on a piece of paper.

-(Y/N)"

She sat in the corner of her room, crying and hugging on her knees. "Y-Yeah (Y/N).. it'd be fun to read it for you. except.. you're not in front of me to listen.. I-I don't deserve you let alone to listen to me" She whispered to herself before vaulting out the window.

Gwen started texting and calling you. But it hurt to much, you didn't want to open it. She is now desperate for your attention only.

You went down from the roof and asked your dad to take you to Oscorp. You arrived and took the elevator to R&D floor.

You saw Norman and an unfamiliar scientist with him.

"G-Good evening sir" You greet him with a bow.

"Please (Y/N), people like us don't need to show formalities." He instructed you

"Sorry.."

"Nor we apologize. Please.. Call me Norman"

His stoic presence puts pressure on you. The moment feels heavy.. it is overwhelming.

"Y-Yes.. Norman."

"Oh and this scientist right here is Doctor Otto Octavius" Norman introduced the guy with a slightly curly hair and in glasses.

He rolled his wheel chair to get close and shake hands with you.

"So to what do we owe this pleasure (Y/N)?" Norman asked you.

"I'm here to uhh" you scratched the back of your head "Well.. I'll take my exoskeleton"

Otto and Norman looked at each other.

"What for? Isn't it undone?"

"Well yes, it's not finished.. but-"

You were interrupted by Otto "You see, I can't walk because I'm crippled. But after you finish this exoskeleton, I'll be saying good bye to this pair of wheels and contribute more to the advancements of our world." He chuckled.

Your hand grew weaker, you saw your own skin go pale after you felt like you were selfish for wanting to destroy the product that a person expects it to be realized soon.