Apologies

~Zenitsu pov.~

.

I was happy I was walking about looking for Tanjiro. It was our anniversary together, we have been together for about two years. I had gotten him a little gift and I couldn't wait to give him to it. I heard noises then. I tilted my head, they were muffled but sounded weird. I approached the door that the noise was coming from. 

.

Kanao's room, and I slowly slid it open. In an instant I dropped the gift and it shattered. Two people were having a rather pleasant time together, but of course, it was Tanjiro and Kanao. Tanjiro looked over at the door in shock and so did Kanao. My wide golden brown eyes met red burgundy eyes. I turned away from the door and walked away. 

.

tears were streaming down my face as I stared at nothing on the ground, heading away from there. There was a sound of clothes rummaging and then footsteps stepping in panic, Tanjiro grabbed my wrist. "Zenitsu-! Wait I promise, it wasn't what it looked like!"

.

~Tanjiro pov.~

.

Bam.

I coughed as I was shoved back by being hit by someone.  Zenitsu was standing with his leg in the air as he lowered it. "Don't speak to me. I wont forgive you. Don't so ever as glance at me again. I want nothing to do with you Kamado. So, its over." Zenitsu said, giving me a death glare. I was in shock and he turned around and walked away. There was a pain in my chest.

'I should have never done that! '

I stood and walked back to Kanaos room. She blinked, "Well, its not like it matters. You WERE having an affair with me for about three months. Now you dont have to worry about him." She says with a smile as I hug her gently. "Mm.."

.

~Zenitsu pov.~

Its been about three years before that day. I have been on missions with Inosuke ever since, my hair has grown out into a long golden ponytail. Both me and Inosuke are now Hashiras, and im still grieving for the dead Hashiras. "Monitsu, were being called by the master." Inosuke grunted as I nodded. "Very well. Lets go." We both speed off, unable to be seen by the normal eye. 

.

We jumped over the golden gates and landed down by the Masters house. Inosuke is standing right next to me, as well as the water Hashira, Nezuko Kamado. I nod to her in greeting, which she returns a smile at me. The flame Hashira, Senjuro Rengoku waved at us all. The master is smiling like always. She is young, and one of the previous masters daughter. She smiled as she noticed us. 

.

"I have arranged this meeting to appoint new Hashiras." I perk up at the news and I let interest but it died down immediately as soon as I heard their names, "The sun breathing Hashira, Tanjiro Kamado, and the flower breathing Hashira, Kanao Tsuryi. I blinked and Inosuke shoots a glance at me and so does Nezuko. Tanjiro and Kanao both walk out both on each side of the Master. 

.

She looked at us, "Please, let you all introduce yourselves." She murmurs as Inosuke grunts, "My name is Inosuke Hashibira! And I am the beast Hashira! The best Hashira of them all!!" He exclaims proudly as I shoot him an annoyed glare. Tanjiro smiles as he looks at inosuke. "I am Kamado Nezuko, the water Hashira." Nezuko says as Tanjiro looks at her proudly. It makes my gut twists as Kanao smiled at her. "I am Senjuro Rengoku, the flame Hashira." grief passes his eyes as well as Tanjiros as he smiles at him. I stand tall, "I am Agastuma Zenitsu the thunder Hashira. I wish you good luck as a Hashira and hope you continue to grow stronger." I say formerly as Tanjiro looks shocked as recognition flashes in his eyes. He clenches his fist.

.

~Tanjiro pov.~

I was in shock. I didnt even recoginize him until I put all the details in. Zenitsu as a Hashira.. Something I never thought he would be a Hashira, never the less he became a Hashira before me. He looks so experienced. I need to apologize. That day I broke off the affair and me and Kanao had stayed as friends only. I swear, I wont ever do anything like that again. 

.

I lost something important to me I never thought was until I lost him. The meeting was dismissed and Zenitsu immediately vanished. I gasped and then ran off after him. He was so fast! I can barely keep up. He suddenly stops and I gasp, as I fell off from the building into the pond. He blinked at me and smiled before turning and leaving me there. 

.

I grumble and stand up, and start the chase again. It went on all day before we both got a mission together, Inosuke, Zenitsu, me, Nezuko too! He walked along side Inosuke with such familiarity the both were too as they spoke and talked. It spread envy in me, but I knocked it down when Nezuko came up to Inosuke and spoke to him. He nodded and then ran off with Nezuko chasing him. "Idiots, off to scout for acorns. AGAIN." I heard Zenitsu say. 

.

I fidgeted. This was my chance. I sped up to Zenitsu and grabbed his wrist. He stopped and looked at me with a deadly glare. If looks could kill, I would be dead by now. "Z-zenitsu.. I want to say sorry for what I did.. Before.. I was wrong for what I did and I dont care if you dont forgive me but please.. Know im sorry and I regret everything I did!" I said, starting to cry. Zenitsu was silent for a moment before he reached forward to wipe my eyes. 

.

"You idiotic forehead. I forgive you. Now lets go catch up with the other idiots." He says as he smiles and then walked off. I was shocked and then my heart skipped a beat as I run to him, and hugged him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.