I will take care of you.

NOOOO GIYUU-!!

Tanjiro pov.

.

"No.. no!"

"Please no!"

I was walking past a giant house with a bunch of peach trees when I heard yelling. I blinked and then headed over to the sound, ready to take my sword out. As I turned and looked past a tree, there he was. A boy with golden locks hugging the corpse of an old man. 

.

The boy was so.. so delicate looking. The boys golden brown eyes were shining with tears. The shorter male buried his face against the corpse as I walked up to them slowly. I crouched down and looked at the shorter male, "Hello.. if I may ask, what happened here?.." I asked when the golden haired boy just started to sob harder. I gently pat his back. 

.

I then started to pull him away from the body, so I could bury it. "NO!! NOO! DON'T TAKE GRAMP'S AWAY FROM ME NO!!" He cried and wailed. He started throwing his arms around and kicking in a fit of sadness and rage. 

.

I was struggling so I knocked him out with a sharp hit on the neck. He went limp on my hands, and I sighed when I took off my haori and folded it, placing it under the golden boys head. It was a pitying sight. His tear stained face now looked so at ease, asleep. I turned back to the old man's corpse and started the burial.

.

 After the burial, I sent my prayers and turned back to the blond boy. He was from the demon slayer corps, I could tell. His uniform said it all. 'I know how it feels to lose a loved one though.. So I'm going to help him.' I walked with him on my back, and Nezuko's box on my chest. I walked the rest of the way to the wisteria residence.

.

 Inosuke might be fuming by now since I was gone for so long.. well, its not  my fault. I had to take this boy out of there.. he probably would have frozen or gotten killed by a demon if I had left him. 

.

But hes safe now. With me.

.

~Time skip + Zenitsu pov.~

.

 I woke up in this wisteria residence because of the red head. His name was Tanjiro, and the loud and noisy boar head was Inosuke. I didn't talk much unless they asked me something. Tanjiro was trying to get to know me better and all that. 

.

It was dark and I was tired. So without thinking I laid down and rested my head on Tanjiro's lap, and quickly fell asleep. I honestly didn't care at that point. I trusted Tanjiro anyway.

~Tanjiro pov.~

.

I jolted in surprise during Zenitsu resting his head on my lap. It took me a moment but I calmed and gently patted his head.

. 

Nezuko crawled out of her box and also laid her head on my lap. I smiled and patted both their heads as they both slept. 

.

I have a feeling, Zenitsu will be good company. I can tell, we might become great friends! And I'm still sorry for knocking him out.

.

.

.

.

Agatsuma Zenitsu, I promise, that I will take care of you.

(๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)✧