ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 - ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴘᴀʏꜱ ᴏꜰꜰ

---------------------------------------------------
Previously on "Two beautiful creatures"

I was about to protest and say no thanks but Emily pinched my arm very hard and aggressively, digging her nails into my skin, I jolted from the pain. Not wanting to seem rude I smiled and nodded quickly. Making Emily let go of my arm. "Thank you (y/n), make yourselves comfortable!" she chimed as she walked back to the kitchen. Hoyt smirked as he plopped down in the lazy boy that was placed right next to the living room couch.
"Welcome to the Hewitt home kids,"

---------------------------------------------------

-Your POV-

It fell quiet, the room was still the only thing heard was the soft bumping and buzzing sound from the basement. That was until monty broke the stillness, his back to everyone, but he spoke loud enough

"If they wanna eat then need to do some work, you don't get something for nothing,"

He grumbled out, Hoyt huffed in agreement. "Agreed Monty," Hoyt spoke as he stood up, finishing his beer, and tossing it on the chair, "Alrighty you lot, come on we got some work to do," He chuckled out as he started to walk up to the group.

"You fellas come with me, we got yard work to do," He demanded. Jason, Noah, and Edward all followed Hoyt outside in the blazing heat. Luda beamed at the rest of the girls and she smiled.

"Come on, ladies, y'all, gonna help me with the housework!" Luda May spoke as she walked to the kitchen. Coming back out with some trash bags, brooms, and additional cleaning supplies. "Come on now! grab a thing and let's get to work,"

I smiled as I got up and grabbed some trash bags. "I'll get the trash and stuff around the house!" I beamed at her, my mask hiding my smile but it was still visible. Emily butted in, whispering to Samantha, her voice loud enough for me to hear. "Sure, go pick up the rest of your family (y/n)," She snickered, making the other female laugh with her.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Lunda may, who fixed the scowl on her face to a sweet, motherly smile. "Of course, go ahead," she smiled as she pointed out where I needed to go in the house. I was about to leave but she grabbed my arm gently.

Turning I looked at her and smiled a bit. "Yes, Miss?" I asked and she looked at me with a stern face. "Never go near the basement door sweety, it's where Tommy is. He likes to keep his privacy," She spoke almost as if it were a tall tale warning not to go into the basement. "Of course! I will respect your wishes!" I chimed as I gave her a gentle hug and headed to clean up the house as she asked.

-2 hours later-

Whipping my sweaty brow I gathered Three big trash bags and headed outside. "Okay, one more bag then I should be done!" I sighed out a bit as I looked around and set the bags right by the big truck loaded with dozens upon dozens of trash bags.

Pulling my mask up I wiped my face and smiled as I rubbed my nose, feeling nothing but old scabbed skin. I sighed, and put my mask on, breathing in hot air and bad breath. Huffing, I headed back into the house and smiled. It was a little cooler than the brutal, Texas heat outside. I grabbed another trash bag. Smiling, I headed to the back of the house.

Looking for any trash I started picking up old clothing, which was torn and worn out. Moving further to the house I headed down the stairs, picking up clothing, trash, and other older things. Grabbing something soft and squishy I was confused, thank god I had gloves on. Throwing whatever the object was in the black bag I hummed as I moved downstairs.

To the basement. Grabbing more trash and sweeping whatever I could into the bag, I looked around and realized that not only was the floor spotless of trash I didn't realize where I actually was. The room was so dark and smelly, like rotting meat.

Looking around I tried to find my way around, sensing for anything I could grab to get my bearings. Looking around there was a very dim light. I could barely make anything out.

"Goodness, where am I?" I mutter, my train of thought came crashing to a halt as I felt a hand; a very big hand violently grabbed my arm and started to drag me out of the room. "H-hey! let me go!" I wailed, but the figure didn't stop. It dragged me out of the room and tossed me out. Making me fall onto my ass and back up horror.

Looking at who had manhandled me. I looked up, and up, to come face to face with Tommy, who looked beyond pissed that I was down there. He walked up to me, looking at me. As if he was trying to tear my soul apart with his hungry eyes. I backed away in fear of being hurt. Tears of fear ran down my cheeks as I ran up the stairs. Trash bag in tow.

Once I got to the top of the stairs, I looked at the male who slammed the door shut. My breathing was hot and heavy, almost labored as I had to collect myself from what just happened. I started to hug myself, grabbing my arms tightly. I yelped loudly in pain as I let go of my left arm.

Gently putting pressure on my upper arm, where Tommy grabbed me, I yelped out loud again as his grasp on my arm was so tight, it was like he was trying to take my blood pressure in a violent way. I whimpered as I headed back upstairs to let Luda May know I was finished with my chores.

"Hey, Noah? Do you know where Luda is at?" I asked and I walked up to him, he shook his head no. "No man, I haven't" he mutters as we heard Monty wheeling himself over "What are you doing?! you are supposed to be working!" he shouted as he looked at the both of us, we were not only confused but shaken up by how scary this old man was.

"We are done with the work sir we are just running to look for our friends" Noah explained as he took a step forward but Monty held out his cane "you ain't running anything boy, 'xcept your mouth,'' Monty snarled at Noah.

There was still silence. "Tch- pathetic. you're all so dead you don't even know it" he grunted as he started bashing his can down on the ground "Bring it!" He shouted at us. I backed up in fear of what could happen next.

"Bring what?" Noah muttered as he glanced at Monty confused. "Bring it! Come on boy bring it!" He shouted louder as he was confused, hearing the sound of metal sliding on a door we whipped around to find Tommy with a chainsaw, he revved it, the sound of a demon rating behind us.

"RUN!" I shouted as he both made a dash for the door.
---------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1, 209