SIMPLE MISTAKE

"Hey, Eden! Wait up!" The brunette stumbles to a stop as soon as she hears her co-star's voice calling out for her. A moment later, Sadie is standing beside her, a soft smile adorning her face. "Are you busy right now?"

"No," Eden lies. Truthfully, she was planning to take a nap between scenes because her sleep schedule has been messed up with the time difference, but she doesn't mind skipping some shut-eye to hang out with Sadie.

Sadie beams. "Great! Do you want to practice the next scene with me? I figure that if we can get it done without me messing up a bunch of times, then we can probably leave early."

"Sure. I'll meet you at your trailer in five. Let me grab my script." The red-head nods before branching off from the shorter girl, walking towards her own trailer.

When Eden makes it to her trailer, she can practically hear the couch calling out for her. She's so desperate for some sleep, but she knows that Sadie's right: the sooner they film the scene, the sooner they can leave, and Eden will be able to sleep in her hotel bed rather than on a couch. With a sigh, she picks up her script from where she had left it that morning and makes the small trek to Sadie's trailer.

The door is wide open when she arrives, so the brunette lets herself in. She immediately spots Sadie sitting on her own couch, a pencil held between her teeth as her pointer finger drags across the paper. For a second, while the red-head still hasn't noticed her, Eden just watches her co-star. She stares as Sadie furrows her eyebrows when she gets to a particularly difficult-to-memorize line and smiles when the girl's blue eyes go wide, finally figuring out a way to help herself learn the scene.

And then their eyes meet.

"Oh, when'd you get here?" Sadie asks, not even slightly startled at the sight of the brunette standing in her trailer's doorway.

"Uh, just now," Eden says, not willing to tell the red-head that she had been watching her.

"Cool." The red-head moves over slightly on her couch to make room for her co-star to sit down, and Eden accepts the seat. "So, we're filming the first scene of the movie next."

"Right." Eden turns to the first few pages of her script, quickly reading over the scene to help herself remember the gist of it all. Once she's ready, she turns to Sadie. "I'm good to go when you are."

"Okay." Sadie exhales sharply and then begins. "No, I'm telling you, Sage, that Tommy totally likes you."

"And I'm telling you, Layla, that he totally doesn't." Eden rolls her eyes, a small smirk on her face. "I mean, please. He's 'Mr. Popular,'"—the brunette uses her fingers to create air quotes—"and I'm Sage Wilmot."

"So?" Sadie asks, poking Eden on the shoulder. "I happen to think that Sage Wilmot is pretty cool. Besides, Tommy isn't one of those snobby popular kids."

"Yea, whatever, Layla."

"Listen, he's throwing a Halloween party tomorrow night. Why don't we go?"

"And why would I want to do that?" Eden raises her eyebrows in question, staring at the red-head in front of her.

"Because, if he doesn't make a move on you, then I'll give you twenty bucks," Sadie bargains, grinning.

"And if he does?"

"Then you have a boyfriend! I think that it's a win-win for you!"

"I don't even like him," Eden argues softly. She tilts her head to the side, biting her lip. "Why don't we just stay in tomorrow? We've never exactly made it a habit to go to high school parties."

"I know," Sadie sighs as she shrugs. "I don't know. Don't you think it would be fun though?"

"Are you saying that our movie nights aren't fun?"

"You know that's not what I'm saying," the red-head giggles, and Eden laughs. "I'm just saying that it might be nice to, y'know, go out. Please!" Sadie makes her best puppy dog face, her lip jutting out and her eyes going wide, and Eden sighs.

"Fine. We can go to the party."

"Yes! I love you, I love you, I love you!" Sadie leans in to kiss Eden on the cheek, as the script says, but the brunette turns slightly, and their lips graze against each other. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" the red-head exclaims immediately.

"Don't worry about it," Eden reassures, trying to ignore the heat in her cheeks and the fact that she's probably redder than her co-star's hair. "It's fine; simple mistake."

"Well, that's, uh, the end of the scene. I would say that we're pretty ready," Sadie says, trying to divert from the fact that she accidentally just kissed the brunette sitting next to her.

"Yea. Uh, yea."

The two girls sit in awkward silence, each one at a loss for words due to what occurred merely seconds ago. Fortunately for them, Eden's phone starts ringing. When she glances at the contact name and sees Camryn, she knows that it must be important—the girl only ever texts.

"I gotta take this," Eden says, holding her phone up.

"Oh, yea. Of course." Sadie waves the girl off as the brunette stands and walks out of the trailer, accepting the call while she does.

"Camryn? Are you okay?"

"Yea. I'm fine. Are you okay? You sound kind of shaky."

"Uh, I'm good. Why'd you call?"

"Just missed my best friend. Is that illegal?" the girl jokes, 

but when the brunette doesn't laugh, she knows that 

something really is wrong. 

"Okay, what's up? Seriously, Edie."

"Um, well. Sadie and I," she glances at the 

open trailer door and then cups 

her hand over the phone, "kindofjustkissed."

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? HOW? WHY?"

"I—it was a mistake. 

She went to kiss me on the cheek 

but I turned my head and we...kissed."

"Holy shit, Ed. Holy shit. I cannot believe 

you just kissed Sadie Sink. Holy shit. 

Wait, you like her. Why are you freaking out so much?"

"Because it was a mistake, Cam! 

And Sadie's straight. And I think I just realized 

that I like her a whole lot more than I thought."

"Shit, Ed. You're in over your head, aren't you?"

"Unfortunately, I think so."