QUITTING

TW: Eating disorder & weight loss

Eden knew that Sadie was coming, yet the knock on her trailer door still surprised her. Her heart begins to beat rapidly as she walks towards the door, not quite ready to face the red-head that she's been ignoring for practically three months, except for when they have to film.

And there she stands in all her glory: Sadie Sink. She's not facing the door, looking to her right instead, and Eden takes the short time to study the girl's side profile. When she turns to face the brunette, Sadie has a small scowl on her face and crosses her arms, waiting to be let into the trailer.

"What did you want to talk about?" Sadie asks once she's inside. Eden sits on her couch but the red-head continues to stand. The brunette can feel the anger radiating off of her, but she understands: Sadie was trying to be nice to her when she found out about Eden's feelings, but the latter consistently blew her co-star off and refused to talk to her.

"I'm quitting the film." Silence. Eden gulps as Sadie's mind processes the words that she just spit out. And then those beautiful blue eyes narrow at the brunette, an eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"You're quitting?" she spits, irritation lacing her tone. "You're fucking quitting, Eden? We're so close to being done."

"I've already talked to the director about it. He says that since our chemistry is so off, it would honestly be a better movie if I quit and he just recast Sage."

"Yea, our chemistry is off because of you!" Sadie says, her voice rising. "Because you decided to turn into a bit of an asshole. And now, after I've put 5 months of my life into this film, after I've put perfectly good acting into it, you want to ditch because of your own fucking issues?"

"Sadie—"

"No, fuck you! What the hell, Eden? What the actual hell? What, you can't deal with your feelings like a normal person so you decide to run away, both physically and mentally? Fuck off with that bullshit!

"Sadie, please—" The brunette is close to tears as the red-head yells at her. There's another reason as to why Eden's leaving, but Sadie has yet to let her explain.

"What was it, huh? Did me getting a girlfriend piss you off so badly that you have to leave? Are you so into me that you've only just realized that I have never, and will never, have any type of romantic feelings for you? Was that it? WHAT IS IT?" Sadie screams the last part, getting close to Eden's face. Only now does she see the tears falling down the girl's face, and she feels a bit guilty. However, she doesn't let it show, keeping up her angry demeanor instead.

"I'm being hospitalized," Eden mutters, just loud enough for the girl in front of her to hear. Sadie backs away, staring at the brunette.

"What?"

"I'm being hospitalized, Sadie. They don't—they said I've lost too much weight, that it's unhealthy." The red-head notices what she's talking about. The brunette, who was already quite slim, is nearly slipping out of her clothing, and her face has become gaunt.

"Did I do this to you?" Sadie's voice is quiet, afraid to know the answer. She wasn't aware of the severity of Eden's sadness; Eden didn't allow her to be. The red-head barely sees her co-star, and when she does, Eden is usually wearing baggy clothes for her character.

"No, Sadie. I did this to me." And Sadie knows that, of course, but she also knows that there's an underlying reason for the weight loss.

"It's my fault, though, isn't it?"

"Sadie."

"Eden."

"I'm sorry that I'm quitting the film." Eden doesn't answer the girl's question. She can't, because the answer is 'yes, you did. But you didn't, because I refused to talk to you; I refused to confront my feelings head-on and now I can barely stand up without passing out. And it isn't your fault—it really isn't. It's mine entirely.'

"I have to go." And the red-head leaves.