Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I should have known you'll make us late

"I should have known you'll make us late." He grumbled in annoyance.

Sana smiled sheepishly and took her seat inside his car.

"We have enough time, Mr. Adami. Can't help it if you have the urge to reach there before anyone does." She shrugged.

He huffed and started driving. The whole other doctors and nurses had left before along with medical supplies. He and Sana were the only ones to leave last as she remembered a task. The one she was supposed to do two days back of arranging gifts and chocolates for children but as always, Sana Qureshi did things on her terms and deadlines. The world could go and hit its head for all she cared.

"Ammi has invited you home," Sana informed him.

"Why?" He cocked a brow in question.

"For dinner. It's been a while since you came." She informed him

"Been years" he muttered.

"Hmm. Years. 9 long years, Mudassar. Time passes so quickly. I still remember us fighting over remotes and pillows, now see we fight over protocols and paper-works." she chuckled.

He glanced at her, her eyes smiling as well. A feature he got attracted to first. Not just her lips but her eyes smiled too. She had the most beautiful pair of eyes in the world for him.

"We can tone down fights, only if you start obliging to SOPs. You know how much damage it can cause to your career, but still, you're stubborn to do things your way." He said, eyes straying away from her to the road.

"Who will you yell at, if I started doing things properly? You might not agree but you love fighting me." She said smugly.

He scoffed. "You wish"

"I wish a lot of things but not all of them will be completed" She stated.

"Allah listens to each one of them, Sana. Don't say this, Na shukarana is a sin." he reminded her.

"Not when he gives you reasons to. Do you think this might hurt her Allah Pak and he decides to hear me asking to leave? You think he'll fulfill it?" she winked.

"Your complaints will only make him ignore you." His grip on the steering wheel tightened. Why did she have to bring it always? He despised the thought of her going away from him.

"Whatever. Do you believe in intuitions?" she asked, he didn't respond and she continued "I'm having this weird intuition that something is going to change. A major change is coming my way. I just wish it's what I want."

"It is not real" he gritted.

She shrugged "Who knows?"

They were in midst of traffic when the traffic light turned yellow but they were far behind in the lines of vehicles.

"Okay listen to me. You want to save time, right? So let me step out and go to the confectionery shop at the next corner on that side" she pointed towards the front. "I'll go and pick up our order and you meet me with car by there. What say?" she looked confident about her plan.