Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Mudassar slammed the door shut to his cabin and plopped on his chair, pulling his hair in frustration he groaned. He was on his way to talk to Sana. It's been days since she was recovering and he kept finding ways to spend all his free time with her, alone which was kind of impossible as their family or hospital staff kept dropping by. He never hated Sana'a popularity as much in all those years as he did in the last days.

Well, she liked keeping her circle close and small back in their school days. But things changed in those 9 years they were apart. Her shell broke and she started socializing more. Now the whole of her ER department along with other doctors and even the patients was her acquaintance.

His phone rang flashing 'Ammi'. He silenced the device and dived into the whole of his work.

For the next two days, he kept out of the hospital, visiting sites and adhering to his scheduled meetings with investors, mentors, and people he required to divulge in another field. He wanted to expand the Adami group into manufacturing medical supplies.

He shook hands with the promoter after their successful meeting and started walking out towards the office parking lot when his phone rang. He was in full mood to decline his Ammi's call but the name caught him off-guard.

"Nurse Arefa" he read and received it. Frown marring his features.

"Mr. Adami" came her panicked voice.

Sana? His eyes morphed into worry "What's wrong?"

"It's Dr. Qureshi. She's having internal bleeding. We're taking her into surgery but she refuses to comply. She wants to talk to you. Sir, please try and make her understand how important it is to get a timely surgery done"

"What?! Give her phone" He raged.

"Sana talks to him" the phone shuffled.

"Sana, what the in the world is wrong with you? Just go with them. Stop being stubborn for once" he yelled on the phone.

"Keep yelling. I'm not going with them also" came a voice laced with pain and fatigue. "You can continue ignoring me"

"Sana. Sana" the phone beeped.

He clutched the phone tight, wanting to slam the device into the wall. He pinched between his eyes and re-dialed but no one received.

He punched the car hood. Getting inside, he started driving to the hospital. How was he supposed to inform that crazy woman how difficult it was to not see her when his steps carried him towards her at every second?

The drive was short, a blessing to his mental health. He rushed inside and found the same hospital ruckus. Taking the elevator, he walked towards her room. Half a mind that Nurse Arefa would be able to convince her, Persuading Sana Qureshi was harder than finding life on Neptune.