Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Being sore and unable to move was what Sana expected when she opened her eyes, blinking back to adjust to the bright light, she groaned in pain

Being sore and unable to move was what Sana expected when she opened her eyes, blinking back to adjust to the bright light, she groaned in pain. Her head throbbed and her eyes felt like carrying the heaviest weight in the entire world, so hard to open that she decided against it but then it's been a while since she had seen the world.

Her entire right side felt numb and taking a glance at her injury made the bile rise in her throat. Tears welled up and lips parted to let out a whimper.

She was reminded of the collision, she was driving towards him, crossing the signal when the force made her car go rolling and her heart dropped thinking of the harm it caused. She remembers pain shooting all over her, glasses piercing her skin and then the final nail was when her head collided with a damaged car roof.

A little touch on her left palm made her glance towards the left side of her bed, there sat a hunched figure. Head on her bed and sleeping. Her throat felt parched and her tongue darted put to lick her chapped lips.

Speaking was out of the question, she tried moving her fingers, only for her sore muscles to retaliate and she groaned in pain.

The head shot up and her blurred vision made out a face. It was Meher.

"Sana Appi you woke up" the girl cried in happiness. She clutched her hand tightly and Sana winced in pain. "Oh! I'm so sorry. Let me call the doctor"

"W...wat..." she tried speaking but her voice didn't reach Meher. Her head lolled back to the soft pillow, she felt tired even when she just woke up from a slumber.

"Sana" she opened her eyes and met the face, he didn't look his prim and proper self today. His hair seemed uncombed, eyes supporting dark circles, suit creased and his face had this beard she had never seen before.

Her tongue licked her dried lips again and his eyes followed.

"Are you thirsty?" he asked and reached for the pitcher and filled a paper cup.

She thanked the almighty for his smartness.

"Small sips" he instructed and she resisted eye roll. The littlest movements were hurting. He gently brought her up and she sipped water. She wanted to sigh in relief, only mentally.

Physically everything was hurting.

Her throat felt better and she tried to speak. "You...look like....a...gorilla"

His head jerked towards her, eyes narrowing in disbelief. "You wake up after a whole of 11 days and you say this! Ask about your injuries at least?"

She mentally scoffed "I'm...pa..tient. I...need...to...stay... stress-free...remember."

"Of course! Give stress to the whole of our families and half of the hospital and then comment on my dress-up. For being a doctor, you really know how to play patient cards efficiently" He said.