Chapter 1: The Address

"Ano kaya toh? Safe ba toh?," Xyrene asked herself. She opens Google Maps and types in the address; "Unit 127, Brgy. Hagonoy, St. Fernandez." With her eyebrow raised, she slowly spells it out and types it letter by letter. Her face is more confused than ever as it shows the same result.

"What does an abandoned building have to do with all this?," she quietly questioned. She stared at the distance for a short while and her thoughts all over the place.

"What if this is a trap?"

"Wait, no. Why would my professor hurt me naman? I'm sure ayaw niya yun."

"What if may person there?"

"What would someone do there tho?"

"Just go na nga. You'll never know."

"Paano if there are dead bodies. Oh my please no."

"Jusko, Xyrene! You're just wasting your time. Stop. Just stop and walk. Go on, move your legs."

She heads to the location and scouts around the tall infrastructure. Turning her head left to right with every gentle step she takes. Her hands and feet are moist and her entire body is warming up.

Xyrene looks around and proceeds to cup her hands over her eyes, against windows without covers. She squints her eyes, finding nothing but darkness.

"SINO YAN?," a deep voice echoes through the dark space. The teen falls to the ground and attempts to hide herself under the window. She feels herself stiff against the wall. Footsteps were quickly pacing closer and closer. Her heart thumping to the beat of what seems to be a man's strides.

She shakily places her hand on the window sill and pulls herself up. She pokes her eye right in the corner. Only a part of her head is seen as if shadow covered the light.

The footsteps stop. "Whoo...he's gone." She slides back against the wall and tries to gain her composure. Xyrene examines the place once again, scanning through visible rooms. Not after long, her eyes automatically lead her to a window across her.

She finds herself staring right at the man's eyes. Xyrene's body is all paralyzed as the man approaches her. He is taking a step at a time, carefully scanning at the young woman.

He firmly asks her, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"I-...I JUST FOLLOWED PROFESSOR ARNEL LORENZO'S NOTE!," Xyrene blurted out.

The man lowers the gun. His facial expression becomes gentle and reaches out a hand at her.