1 | tuesday

me love coffee shop aus

also bow and catra friendship + nonbinary catra rights

the title is from "begin again" by taylor swift :)

━━━━━━━━━━

The first time Catra walks into the newly built Bright Moon Cafe, they don't really expect much other than your standard cafe; tables and chairs filled with customers, whatever that window thing for all the pastries is called, workers. Really just what Bow showed them in that picture the other day.

━━━━━━━━━━

"Catra, Catra." Bow turns his phone with his signature dark blue Stitch-themed case over to the Catra for them to see. "Look."

"A... coffee shop? Why are you showing me this?" they ask, raising an eyebrow at their friend.

"It just opened around two weeks ago, I think. It looks cool right?" Bow looks back at the picture on his phone.

"Looks like a fairy threw up on it," Catra comments. It's true though. With the lavender, white, and brown brick walls, round hanging lights above the tables and chairs, white cushioned seating next to coffee tables, the glittery pots full of plants and pink flowers, the sparkling cream-colored fairy lights, and clean white countertops, it most definitely looks like a place a fairy would make their home.

"I thought it was pretty." Bow frowns. Damnit. Stop making your friends sad, Catra, they scold themself.

"It is pretty, I guess." They try to reassure him. "You know I don't really like stuff like that."

He sighs. "I know. But it's got good reviews and it's closer to us than the other we usually we go to."

"Really?"

"Yeah, like fifteen minutes actually."

Catra thinks that over in their mind. "Hmm." I mean, they think, if it's closer. I'd save time and gas I guess. Wouldn't be that much though. They search the place up, Bright Moon Cafe, and check the reviews. 4.6 stars.

Huh. Maybe I'll check it out, they say to themself.

━━━━━━━━━━

They most definitely don't expect to be stopped in their tracks by how fucking gay they are.

Woman.

Arms.

Muscles.

Pretty woman. Behind counter.

Said pretty woman is a tall blonde dressed in a cherry red hoodie behind her light brown apron, the sleeves rolled up to reveal a tattoo of what looks like the tip of a sword peeking out. Her hair is pulled into a high and tight ponytail that rivals JoJo Siwa's and highlights her sharp cheekbones. And to top it all off, she has an undercut. An undercut.

Wow.

Catra is so very gay.

Thank fucking God for women.