2 | thursday

hi my guys, gals and nonbinary pals! hope you all have a wonderful day

remember to stay hydrated!

━━━━━━━━━━

The second time Catra walks into the cafe is two days after the first time, the sky is cloudy and gray with rain sprinkling down onto them. They hope that the sketchbook in their hand is still dry but that is honestly an unlikely possibility. They pull up their hood, covering their wet ears, and open the door, exhaling as the warm air from the heater brushes over and embraces them like a hug from a parent.

Not that Catra ever got any of those as a kid.

They look around, definitely not for Adora, and are definitely not happy and relieved when they see her standing behind the counter animatedly to a short, stocky woman with the same brown apron as Adora, tanned skin, glittery dual-toned hair, and mauve colored eyes. They definitely don't feel a small flicker of jealousy sprout in her.

Nope. Not at all.

They stride to the counter, watching as Adora spots her, beams a beautiful and gorgeous white smile, and waves excitedly. The girl next to her tilts her head, looking between Adora and them.

"Catra, hi." The blonde's tone is sweet, her smile so seemingly genuinely happy to see them that Catra's heart melts just a tiny bit.

"You remember my name?" They ask.

"Duh. Of course," She says.

Catra nods. "Awesome." They tuck their sketchbook under their arm and their hands into their jacket's pockets. "Cool..." they whisper to themself, a small smile defining their dimples and their tail wrapping around their leg.

"Can I just have a-"

"Black coffee?" Adora finishes for them. Catra stares at her, mouth open before it closes.

"Yeah... you, um, you remember my order too?" Their golden amber and blue eyes widen just a tiny bit in disbelief at Adora.

"Uh, yeah. I have a really, really good memory." Adora emphasizes on the second really.

The glitter girl snickers at the statement. "No, you fucking don't. You just have a massive crush-" Sparkles doesn't get to finish her sentence as her mouth gets covered by Adora's hand.

"Glimmer. Shut. Up," Adora hisses, glaring at her.

Glimmer? Seriously? This girl's name is Glimmer?

God, who the hell gives their child that name? Worse, who gives themself that name?

Also, crush?? What is... oh. Oh. Oh?

"Do you have a crush on me, princess?" They tease, their tail swaying back and forth in the air.

"What, n-no!" Adora stammers, blushing at the pet name Catra used to refer to her. "No, of course! Glimmer- Glimmer's just acting crazy..." The girl trails off with a fake, nervous laugh falling from her lips.

As Adora continues to deny it, Catra feels their heart begin to crack a bit but tries their best not to show it in any way possible.