5 | friday

welcome everybody to the penultimate chapter of this fic! :D

also i wanna say thank you to adoravnette for giving me an idea on what to do with this chapter. specifically the taylor swift singing part. thank you! :)

━━━━━━━━━━

The fifth time Catra walks into the cafe is a day where they are tired as fuck.

But they're mostly always tired throughout the weekdays so that really isn't that important of a thing to point out. They walk slowly through the doorway of the cafe, rubbing their exhausted eyes and glancing and eyeing the empty seats and cluttered and disorganized counters of the shop. They shiver, crossing their arms while they try and adjust from the freezing cold that was outside.

And now, you might be wondering, what is Catra doing in the cafe on a day that it's empty? And how the heck did they get in when it's closed at the moment?

Well, Adora invited them over and dropped a spare key yesterday. For what reason, they don't know. She asked them to come to the shop on Friday before it opened during a call a few days. But that call took place around 3 am and they honestly don't remember a single thing that happened during that.

Hopefully, Adora didn't invite them just so that she could randomly murder them in the back. They don't wanna die in a coffee shop.

That'd be embarrassing.

Anyway.

The main reason they're tired is that they had to get up early. Really, really early. Specifically, 4 in the morning because this stupid cafe opens up at like 6 and they had to get ready really quickly to be able to get here an hour before it's open. Catra questions why people would willingly want to wake up at 6. Or better yet, any time before 11 am.

The almost comfortable silence of the shop is suddenly shattered like glass by the loud but muffled sounds of music playing behind the back door. And also the sound of singing that is embarrassingly off-key.

"...how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless!"

Oh.

Adora.

Who else would it be?

Catra walks up to the messy counters and notices a shiny silver bell sitting there. Now, they know that Adora won't be able to hear them tap it over her loud music and they should probably just text her that they're here but they still do it.

Again.

And again before they yell at the top of their lungs, "I'm here!" That doesn't make the music stop though and Adora just keeps on singing. They roll their eyes and slide over the counter, walking and opening the door.

"In a storm, in my best dress, fearl-AH!" Adora screams when she catches sight of them, tripping over a random bottle of water near her feet and falling onto the floor. Catra resists the urge to laugh and instead just smirks and walks over, holding out a hand for the blonde to grab onto.

"Wow. Am I really that ugly that you just scream when you see me?" They joke, pulling the girl up as Adora stands and quickly moves to turn off the speaker that was blasting her music.