TROUBLE

Abhi called all of them downstairs.

Abhi: We are going out to find a cure for them. Till that time, Rhea will take care of you.

Rhea: What! No way dad.

Abhi: They are your siblings and young too. Someone has to take care of them.

Purab: I am sure they won't trouble you a lot.

Pragya: You might invite you friends over here too.

Disha: They are such cute darlings. They will not trouble you. Will you, kids?

Shachi and Arbir put on their most innocently faces and nodded solemnly.

The elders left, leaving Rhea alone with the kids.

Rhea: Listen carefully, don't try to disturb me or I will punish you really hard. Even mom and dad aren't here to save you.

Rhea thought that this will scare the kids but they poked out their tongues at her and went away today play.

She decided to ignore them for this time and started to watch a web series.

Shachi and Arbir were getting bored as there were no toys to play with and their parents had forbidden them to go outside.

Shahana: I'm getting bored. What shall we do now?

Prachi: Let's go and ask that bad di. After all, she is in charge of us.

Ranbir: I don't think she has any brains to suggest us a good game.

Aryan: Let's try once.

So, they went to Rhea who was staring at her laptop.

Prachi: Di, Di........

Rhea: Shut up. I'm watching something.

Aryan held her hand and shook it trying to get her attention.

Rhea: Go away and play. Don't disturb me.

They were stubborn too. So, they started poking Rhea together and shouting her name.

Shachi and Arbir: DI.....DI..... LISTEN TO US.....

Rhea got irritated and pushed them.

Ranbir: How dare she push us!

Aryan: Let's push her back.

Shahana: But we aren't as strong as her.

Prachi: I have an idea.

She whispered in their ears and smiled mischievously.

Rhea was proud of herself and thought she had warded them off successfully.

That's when something hit her head followed by several of its kind hitting her.

She was now totally wet and her make up was flowing down her face, making her look more like the witch she was.

She turned back to find the source of the attacks and saw the children standing with water balloons in their hands.

Rhea: What do you think are you doing?

Prachi (coolly): You weren't listening to us, so we did this to gain your attention.

Rhea: What do you want?

Shahana: We are bored. What should we do?

Rhea: Do anything you want but stop annoying me.

Aryan: Are you sure? Anything?

Rhea: Yes, yes......Just go away from here.

They nodded and went out.

There was peace in the house for almost an hour. Rhea felt something suspicious and went to check on the children.

They were not in their room. Rhea heard some noises coming from her room. She went there.

Prachi had drapped a dupatta around herself mimicking to wear a saree and the others were seated down. Prachi seemed to teach them something.

Rhea: So they are playing teacher and students.

She went closer to see what they were doing exactly.

The children were pasting beautiful gems and crystals on th drawings they had drawn.

Ranbir: Is it beautiful?

Rhea: It's very nice but where did you get these stones from?

Prachi: From there.

She pointed at Rhea's jewellery box. Rhea checked it to find her dear necklaces and bracelets broken into pieces and the precious stones missing.

Rhea: How dare you damage my things!

Aryan: You only said we can do anything.

Rhea (shouting): You are doing this to trouble me deliberately. A nice beating will tame all of you.

The children were scared and ran away. Rhea began chasing them. At that moment, someone began ringing the bell.

The children opened the door. Dimpy and Shaina were standing there. They had come there on Rhea's invitation.

Rhea: I won't spare you little devils!

The children slipped under Dimpy and Shaina and escaped. Rhea, who was following them was not as small as them and bumped her face into the cake that Dimpy was carrying.

When she held her face up, the frosting made her look no less than a clown.

The children burst out laughing and Rhea's friends couldn't control themselves and began giggling.