Theyna ✯ Mariella Princeton

This chapter includes lots of lgbtq+ and poc characters. If you do not support these, dni and leave my account. Others, enjoy your read! (Writing this in school on my phone btw)
—————————————————————————

Mariella knew she wasn't like the other girls in her classes when they'd become obsessed with boys. She had little to no interest and wouldn't give the time of day. She later realized that was because she identified as asexual. Mariella knew she didn't like guys and the thought of sex repulsed her. She never felt an urge for it ever. She'd also realized that when walking around places she was often admiring another girl walking around and all she could think about was how pretty they were. Okay so she was an asexual, woman loving woman, person of color. That seemed to be quite the accomplishment, especially going to a very homophobic and racist school.

Mariella figured it was going to be an average day until she was called down to the office during fourth period. She'd done nothing to get in trouble so she could only wonder about what was going on. Upon entering the room, she saw two girls. One had black hair, short and spiky, with bright blue eyes and the other had dark brown hair in a braid and deep brown eyes.

"Mariella Princeton?" The girl with black hair asked.

"That's me," Mariella responded. "What's this about?"

"I am Reyna and this is Thalia. We're here to bring you to a camp full of people like yourself. You are a demigod, a child of a god and a mortal. We've been looking into finding you for quite some time now." The girl- Reyna said.

"Um are you sure? Because I don't think you have the right person. There's no way I could be the child of a god!" Mariella said, wide-eyed.

"But you are. And we have to bring you to camp with us so you can be trained and find out your godly parent," Thalia replied, beckoning the other girls to follow her.

"Okay then, I have to call my mom," Mariella announced, grabbing her phone quickly.

"Alright but make it quick please," Reyna said.

Mariella called her mom and told her what was happening. Her mom apologized for keeping it a secret and said to trust the two who came to get her. They both said 'I love yous' and 'goodbyes' before Mariella hung up and followed the others out the door.

After a long drive, they parked in front of a hill. The climb wasn't too difficult, Mariella could walk in the woods forever.

"Once you pass through the border, you should be claimed by your parent," Thalia said, walking through an invisible barrier. Reyna followed her. Mariella nodded and took a deep breath before stepping in. She'd closed her eyes, once she opened them she saw Thalia smirking.

"Told you so, Rey," she said. Reyna rolled her eyes, handing a flat looking gold thing to Thalia.

"Um what?"

"She said you would be a child of Hades, I said Hermes and if you didn't have a mom I would've said Demeter," Reyna replied.

"Wait my dad is Hades?" Mariella questioned. Both nodded. She had a mini freak out before calming down and going to meet the camp directors. Mariella felt this was going to be an accepting home for her. Especially after she met her half-siblings, Nico and Hazel. Mariella was happy.
—————————————————————————
wc: 589
12/17/2021
please leave a vote if you liked it <3