24✓✓

Valerie.

Finally, I could breathe. The long everlasting holiday has finally been cut short. I was getting prepared to go back to school. Mr Wasiu was packing our belongings into the car boot. Mom and dad were busy talking to Nessa and I couldn't care less. I just stood by the car watching Mr Wasiu's every move.

"Netochukwu, come here" my father called gesturing for me to come forward. I did and he did something surprising, he hugged me.

"Goodbye my daughter, safe journey back to school. Take this, your allowance for this month" I took the money muttering a thank you to him and went into the car without even telling Mom bye or anything, it didn't even look like she cared ..after all she was with her favorite daughter.

After what seemed like hours, Nessa finished whatsoever conversation she was having with Mom and Dad and got into the car. Mr Wasiu dropped us at the airport while we waited for our flight to take off.

An hour later, I was already in my room, I had already showered. I called Nadia and told her about my arrival. She said she was gonna come around this week or better still we'll meet over lunch.

Did I also add that Jemmy was back as well, infact to stay for good. She'd be sharing a room with Nessa. She came with her brother, the one at the party, Malik or whatever.

I was just listening to some songs on my phone, when I decided to make dinner for myself. It was already 9. I was surprised to see Jemmy and her brother, Malik seated on the sofa in the living room. He kept staring at me with a look I couldn't fathom, so I looked away.

"Ohhh heyyy, our pretty princess Valerie" Jemmy said waving frantically like a maniac, I could see that sarcastic smirk on her face. I was about to turn around and leave when I heard his voice, soothing like that night at that cafe.

"Ouch. I'm hurt. You didn't even say hi. How have you been doing?" The last part sounded serious with concern laced around it.

"I'm surviving" I shrugged and left into the kitchen but not without hearing Jemmy whisper 'weirdo' to her brother.

It was when I left I realized Nessa was seated there the whole time but she didn't utter a word, she just kept glancing at her phone.

I went over to the freezer and brought out stew mom packed for us when we were returning to school. I took a pack of spaghetti and boiled it. Cooking here made me realize how I never really cooked in school aside Nessa. Culinary school had to be my most wisest decision ever since I was created. I'll miss Skye a whole lot and the ever frustrated Camille. When I told Skye I was going back to school, she wasn't exactly happy, but she understood because she also returned to school. Veritas in Abuja.

"Can you leave a portion for me?" I heard a deep voice say behind me. I turned to face the pouting face of Malik. Isn't he going home.?

I didn't reply him, I just nodded and went back to my cooking. I warmed up the sauce. I dished out food for myself and Malik, there was still more in the pot for whoever would like to eat.

I handed the plate of food to Malik who was still by the door. He accepted it with a smile.

"Thanks" he said as he dived into the food, I just stood there staring at him in amusement. I think he noticed cos he kinda blushed and quickly scampered away.

About thirty minutes later, he kissed his sister on her forehead, hugged Nessa and said his byes. He looked at me and smiled before walking away. Nessa retired into her room and minutes later, Jemmy followed suit. I just sat watching my favorite cartoon, SpongeBob SquarePants. It always made me happy, now watching Mrs Puffs and SpongeBob, I see Camille and Skye. I couldn't help but laugh at the comparison. Just as SpongeBob loves disturbing Mrs Puffs, Skye loves frustrating Camille.

PS: If you think I'm a child cos I'm watching SpongeBob, then be rest assured I love being a baby😊.

After binge watching a great number of SpongeBob episodes, I decided to call it a night. I turned off the TV and the lights and went to bed. I turned on my data connection, and saw messages from Skye and Nadia, funny how they're my only contact including Aisha. I replied them and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up late as usual, did my chores, and prepared a breakfast of tea and bread with fried eggs for myself and Nessa. Nessa was still in bed. I wonder what's up with her. After I ate my breakfast, I went out of the house, called Nadia and told her I'm coming over in the afternoon. I went to a grocery store and bought groceries, afterwards I went to Nadia's apartment. We had lots of fun, she told me about her new modelling career which she planned on taking serious and I told her about my culinary skills.

Once it started getting dark, I was about to leave when a heavy downpour of rain lashed wickedly. I decided to spend the night in Nadia's house. I sent a quick text to Nessa saying I would crash the night at a friend's.

Hey.
I'm not sure I'd be able to make it home tonight.
I'm crashing over at a friend's place. See you tomorrow.

We made it a fun sleepover, as we watched Power book I & II over two bowls of popcorn and a bowl of chocolate ice cream. It was really fun. I felt nostalgic, reminiscing on how I spent these kind of nights with Nessa when we were much younger ......but not anymore.

How was this chapter so far????

Much love from this side❤️❤️😊