40✓✓

Please check out for chapter 39 before 40,41, and 42

Malik.

I kept tossing in my bed reliving the yesterday's events. I wonder where Tega is right now?!. I hope I don't ever see him again if not imma punch the living daylight outta him.

Valerie's picture clouded my mind. Her cute rare smiling face, her pouty lips, her tiny frame, the short kiss we shared, our time spent together both at the restaurant and my room. Urggghh...

I remembered I was supposed to call her earlier today. Fuck you bad, Tega

I picked up my phone and called her. I hadn't heard from her in a week due to the drama surrounding Alex, Nadia, and Tega. I decided to give her a call after much thought. I dialled her number and she didn't pick. I got really worried after the fourth dial. So I called Nessa but she didn't pick too. Okay.... I'm gonna die of heart attack now.

I dialled the next number on my mind. Nadia. She was Valerie's best friend after all. I dialled it and her number was unavailable.

"What the actual fuck?" I groaned in frustration. I dialled the number again. I called Alex. Thankfully, he picked up. He left earlier this morning to wherever with Nadia.

"Urghhh...why you stressing me and my babe?" Alex groaned more like moaned.

"Damn..Alex I'm serious here, give Nadia the phone"

"Is there any problem?" He asked. I was running out of patience already.

"Dammit!..Alexx!! Give the fucking phone to Nadia" I yelled at him.

"Yo..chill bruhh..Nadia take this before he chops my head off." I heard him say to Nadia. I heard shuffling of sheets before Nadia's voice finally spoke up.

"Hey Malik, whatsup?"

"Nadia, have you heard from Valerie?"

"Uhhh...no not all. Last time I saw her was the day before yesterday and she wasn't looking good at all."

"Wow..thanks for scaring the shit out of me" I told her.

"What's wrong? Did something happen again?"

"What d'you mean?" I don't understand the 'again'. What happened before?

"She got into a heated fight with Nessa. She even slapped her if not for Dave that intervened on time.  She said it had to do with some shitty things that happened when they were younger. The cause of everything." Ohmy! Shit!

"Where exactly is she now? I've been trying her number, even Nessa's number isn't going. Nadia? Are you sure you saw her the day before yesterday?" I was beginning to doubt that.

"Urhmm... Malik. Actually, the last I heard from her was five days ago. She told me to leave her alone, that she wants to be alone for the meantime. I'm sorry Malik"

"So you're trying to say you haven't heard or seen her since the last five days. Fuck Nadia? Are you being real? You're supposed to be her fucking best friend." I yelled or barked at her.

"Stop yelling like it's my fucking fault. She said she didn't want me around her so I had to let her be. I called her the day before yesterday but her line was switched off so I don't get why you're yelling at me."

"I'm ..I'm really sorry, Nadia."

"It's okay. It's really fine, Malik. I get you're worried about her but trust me, this isn't the first time she'd leave this way. She'll come by alright?"