8❄️ That Night❄️

The white curtains floating by the gust of strong wind and the flames of lamps hanging from the chandelier shivering as per the motion. The walls of the ornate room sparkling with the reflection of lamps and a big round moon plundering it's silver radiance on the white floor.

Amidst of the room, there's a bed. Well decorated with the canopy of fresh flowers, whose fragrance is revolving throughout the room giving a dreamy heavenly tone. In the core of that bed, two pair of black kohl lined eyes are trying to peep outside, towards the huge sandalwood door, which is closed. The palpitations of her heart is rising high and high as the time is passing. Tingling the resonating sounds of her bangles, she agitates her hand and place it on the petals spreading soft slik bedsheet.

"He hasn't arrived yet!" The inner heart of her fill with the newly bloomed feelings exclaims with emotion and the tension enriched mind claimed, "Why he hasn't arrived yet?"

Gasping a bit, she rises her face upwards, a fireflies has entered into the room spinning over the bed round and round. Looking at that tiny glowing creature, she exhales a relax smile. Two petal lips spreads and faintly her moony white teeth visible.

Screech!
The pair of sandalwood door opens up. And she, abruptly turns her face towards that. Pulling her legs close to her thorax she adjusted into her previous posture as she was instructed before by the elderly ladies. The red gawn of her spread over the bed, around herself and she pulls the veil, covering her bare arms shoulder. Suddenly, in the cold atmosphere, she starts sweating and even the delicate flower jewelleries tucked from her head and neck makes her feel pokey and itchy.

Outside the door, it's all dark. No one is visible, still the door has opened. The numb silence is residing into her room, hall and even the whole pavilion too. From outside a soft song of cuckoo is coming as announcement of the beginning of the spring.

Suddenly, making her heart more static, the thrumming sound of shoe becomes audible. Someone is coming towards the room.

"Arya Yudhishthir" she squeezes her eyes and clutches her own fist together. The sound has now reached almost near the doorstep, and then, again the door sounds. The door closed.

She is dying with shame, face turns warm and cheeks turn red, still on the other hand curiosity dancing at high to gaze him, her love, her eldest husband. Finally, she raises her eyes, obliquely, through her transparent red veil, after winning a long struggle between she and her shame.

He, smeared in his raw gold complexion through the glory of shiny lamps light is walking towards her. The brownish hair upto the shoulder is ruffling with the air flow and the golden jewels tingling with the movement. The shoe is thrumming and his blue cloak swinging from his left shoulder upto is knee moving with his movements. His deep hazel eyes gazing straight and lips adoring a gentle calm smile.

Slowly reaching near the bed, his feet stops as well as the shoes' thrumming too. The silent surmounts the couple. Through the flower decor, he looks into his newly wed wife and blushes with a light pink tint on cheek. Then, slowly and gently, with his fingers he sides the flower chains and sits at the side of the bed, just beside her.

The shy eyes of her lows again.

"Krishnaa Draupadi-" the deep calm voice escape from his throat in an affectionate manner. And that call immediately pierces her heart in such a way, she can't let her eyes down anymore. Abruptly, she looks up to him. Her black petal eyes with agile movements sticks into his calm orbs, fir long and long moments. There's many things she wanting to tell, right now, getting him alone, close and in her very own way, but, what's from inside resisting her to tell all those. She wants to tell, "It's not a complicated marriage, Arya, I am in love with you, as much you do to me, whichever your eyes are uttering it. I can read you, your eyes, your mind-" but, she is failing, due to shy. Her lips only trembles up.

"No worry, Rajkumari, we have a lot of time." He softly says, placing his palm over hers. She wasn't prepared for this so. When she gets his warm touch, a strong sensation shivers her spine and at that moment, she desperately feels that her heart is banging so high inside her chest that sometime it could expel out by a big burst. Still, she wanting this touch to stay forever over her palm. She tangles her fingers with him, and lifting her face, she smiles at him.

His eyes has been altogether fixed over her, like she is the sweet captivation pleasing his heart and soul. He is failing more and more towars her. Her soft soft gestures, her smile, her agile eyes, trembling reddish lips, curly hair locks behind the ear, madly tingling tune of her jewels, like he wanting to listen her upto eternity.

She doesn't know, how much time she was lost in him, by meeting his gaze with her orbs. Then, his voice breaks the trance.
"Tomorrow again you have a great day Panchali, don't delay to sleep. Today also you has a tiring day-"

"Hmn" she coyly smiles. Then, "and you too" she timidly utters. "You too are tired."

They both lie together, beside each other. Facing the ceiling, the canopy of flowers and touching the body with the soft petals. Yudhishthir closes his eyes, but Draupadi, he mind is still roaming around him, she turning to him, peeps more. The pointed nose, broad eyes, pink lips and serene feature of him making her mesmerized more, she again starts to glance him.

"Rajkumari Draupadi, The way you are admiring me, I also want permission to admire you." Without opening his eyes, she states.

She bits her tongue and abruptly turns around. Shivering highly with shame. Shame of being caught.

"Won't you?" The deep voice of him resonates behind her.

"Yes" she wanna reply but, she lost her voice to utter. She just nods hurriedly her head and buries her face on pillow.

He smiles and returns back to his position. The feelings is mutual. His face too warm up and cheeks grow deep pink tint, he too choose to close eyes for sleep.

The night hymn grants their wish. Surmounting them in the soothing song of that distant cuckoo, silvery moonlight, fragranced flowers and cool breeze, they lost in the good sleep of sweetest dream of their new life.

❄️❄️