FOREWORD

Song Haejin has always been a fan of books. Scratch the "fan" word—she was obsessed with reading.

She filled her shelves with books she read in all sorts of situations. Although reading physical prints hasn't grown on her in a mundane way, she found herself exploring a vast world of literature waiting for her idealistic mind online.

After stories and stories she read non-stop, a sudden strike of misfortune came her way; the book Haejin was currently reading suddenly got unpublished without any notice of its abrupt disappearance. "What? But I'm halfway through the climax! Ugh."

"Why? Did your phone die?"

"No, Rina," Haejin said. "This author suddenly removed his work from the site without a warning. He left his 3.5 million readers standing at the edge of a cliff!" Haejin ranted over the situation. "I'm so pissed. I'm literally dying out of curiousity—the story was getting so intense."

Rina laughed at the evident frustration on Haejin's voice. "What was the author's name? You look like you'd try to find her and beat the crap out of her."

"It's a him, apparently," Haejin told her roommate. "His name is Lee Heeseung. I swear to god, if I find his socials then I'm going to riot his DMs."

Starting that night, Haejin decided to embark on a search for a way to contact the author named Lee Heeseung.