14

F O U R T E E N

·

Haejin was ironically living the "lucky fan" life. The last time she ever had a conversation with an author she liked was during Rick Riordan's book signing.

Anonymous Korean authors have always been hard to reach. In her many attemps to contact her favorite authors, she bathed in utter misery while desperately crying inside her room. Well, that was until Heeseung happened.

Heeseung was incredible—at least to Haejin's eyes, mind and heart. Heeseung was brilliant and approachable, even though he ought to hit a massive success with the upcoming physical printing of his book.

"Hey, guess what," Haejin whispered onto Rina's ears, surprising her from behind. Rina's left hand was ready to land onto Haejin's face—if she wasn't careful enough.

"Good heavens," Rina exclaimed. "Are you trying to kill me with fright?"

"I think the devil likes me." Haejin's smile could tell everything for Rina as if no explanation was required.

Rina rolled her eyes. "I knew you would resort to seduction. What did you do to the Heeseung guy? You sent him your nakey pics?"

"God, no!" Haejin went closer to faintly hit Rina's arm. "I did not make the first move. Apparently, he wanted to be friends."

"So you mean... no seduction?"

"Hell, get over the seduction thing, Jang Rina, it did not happen and it never will! Besides, I'm already friends with him." The boastful Haejin wrapped her arms around each other. "I'm only a step further from getting that book in my hands."

"I think that's when the seduction part should come, honestly. Just saying." Rina joked around.

The loud knocking on their flat's door could not top any other distraction for Haejin. "Oh, by the way, I got a pizza delivery for free. Can you get the door? I'll prepare the drinks."

Rina scoffed in disbelief. "Wherever are you getting these free food? The last time this happened, it wasn't from Jungwon."

"This one's still not from him, either."

Rina stood up and walked towards the door, rolling her eyes. As she let Haejin noise around upon dropping the cups from their kitchen, Rina held a hand to the doorknob. "Coming."

"Pizza deli–oh, okay!" The delivery man's voice was almost inaudible.

The moment Rina opened the door, a flush of sudden air blew upon her entire figure. A shine of light seemed to have scattered all over the place as she watched Sunghoon stand in front of her. "What the fuck?"

"What... Fuck?" Sunghoon narrowed his eyebrows upon hearing Haejin's first words right after opening the foor. "Did you just curse at me? I'm just a poor delivery guy!"

"O-oh..." Rina's shocked face could not hide the way she felt starstruck by the boy's beauty once again. "What? No—I mean, what I wanted to say was... come in, probably?"

"I'm here to deliver your pizza, ma'am."

"Oh, oh... right." Rina took the boxes of pizza from Sunghoon and attempted to pull herself together. "Wow, multiple jobs at the same time. Motivated, are you?"

The boy narrowed his eyes. "I'm sorry? Do you, perhaps, know me?"

"Oh, did you not recognize me?" Rina scratched the back of her head. "I was the girl from the café. I asked for your number after you served the strawberry donuts–"

"O-oh... Oh. I remember now! God, my apologies, I couldn't tell right away. So that's why you looked and sounded familiar the moment you opened the door."

"I thought you wouldn't remember at all!" Rina smiled at the pizza delivery guy.

Sunghoon immediately looked down to scratch his head before displaying a sheepish smile. "I... have multiple jobs. I am a café staff, a convenience store part timer, and as of today, you can probably tell from the situation." Sunghoon laughed at the awkward tension he felt.

"I had multiple part time jobs when I was in high school, too. That's actually very amazing to hear. You seem like the hardworking and diligent guy."

"T-thank you. Your words mean a lot to me... miss?"

Rina's flushed face showcased its redness even more. "Jang Rina. Just... call me Rina."

Sunghoon smiled again. "That's a cute name. Pleased to meet you, miss Rina. I'm Park Sunghoon, and I believe I saved my name with the number I gave you."

"Yes, you did... I knew your name after that encounter. Pleasure is mine, Sunghoon."

"I hope you enjoy your pizza. I'll get going, then!"

Haejin was feeling nothing other than curiosity. She could hear her roommate Rina talking to somebody. Haejin knew it was the pizza delivery guy, but she was unaware of why it took them so long to converse when the boxes of pizza were merely there to be fetched.  "Rina? What's happening? Who was that?"

"H-hey... It's your pizza!" Rina placed the box in front of Haejin. "God, I'm drooling. He's so hot!"

"What?"

"I mean, your pizza. I said let's dig in while it's hot," Rina said, making up an excuse. Yet, the only look she received from Haejin was, in fact, the eyes of a suspicious judgement.

Haejin rolled her eyes. "Alright. I'm going to tell Jake I got his pizza."

"Jake? You mean–"

"Yes, miss Rina, it's that overprotective friend of my favorite author. When I said I'm living the lucky life, I meant it!"

Rina held her slice of pizza before sniggering at Haejin's words. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. You get your book while I get myself a boyfriend."

Haejin ignored the mumbling of her roommate as she proceeded to click on Jake's message. He's active—perfect timing!