08

E I G H T

·

"Jang Rina, your plan is a flop!"

Haejin left out a sigh as she sat down by the table with Rina. She was racking her mind, thinking of the heartbreak she's going through ever since the story she was reading got removed. She has never left a story unfinished for she was applying her own principle in reading: never move on to another book without finishing the current read.

Rina simply took a sip on her coffee before she responded. "I told you, you should've gone for the art of romancing and seduction rightaway. He would've given you the draft already, and you wouldn't be miserably drinking your coffee, dying of curiosity."

"But I'm bad at flirting, Rina. Remember? They call me the single queen in high school. Besides, I don't actually want to befriend that Heeseung guy. If only I know the publishing company, I would let money do the job alone." Haejin let her chin fall onto her palms.

A huge scoop from Rina's cake was witnessed by Haejin's gloomy eyes. "Hey, you're situation is so bad. The author was weird and strict, resulting to your lack of courage on asking for the draft or even an early access. And then, the author has this overprotective friend who suspects you of cybercrime. Girl, you need to give this one up."

Haejin released another one of her many sighs in that morning. "I don't know. Should I? It's useless, isn't it?" She asked. "I only wish to read. Why did it come to this?"

"It's because you haven't had a donut for so long. Hold on, let me call this staff boy—hey, you! Yes, you, staff boy, get me two plates of your most expensive donut," Rina exclaimed.

The saddened girl, Haejin, then heard a notification from her phone. She swiftly went about to see what the notification is. Oh well, it's mom. They always call because we are so far apart.

And as Haejin was reading her mother's text message, the aroma of the strawberry-flavored donut worsened her annoyance. Strawberry has always been her favorite flavor. She was trying to avoid excessive carbohydrates, but she guessed she had no other choice but to jam along. She just ate cake, and now, this staff boy suddenly came to her table to place the plate in front of her.

"Here's your donut. Would there be anything else?"

"Your... number, pehaps?"

Haejin's eyes widened in surprise as Rina blurted those words out. Rina was asking for the staff's phone number. "Jang Rina, what are you saying?" Haejin scolded Rina in a whispered voice.

With glaring eyes, Haejin viewed the face of the staff boy. Well, he's handsome, isn't he? Rina must be starstruck.

"Then, lend me your phone, miss." The staff boy seemed to be perfectly cool with Rina's attitude. Haejin could not find it any weirder.

After the staff boy left, Haejin immediately hit Rina's arm softly. She laughed at Rina's smiley face.

"That was the most Rina thing in the world. I knew you'd ask anyone—anyone at all, for their phone number."

"Haejin, listen to me. If I won't get to meet Sunoo, the love of my life, well I guess it won't be too bad," Rina gushed with an audible excitement on her tone. "Oh, he was so beautiful. Even his name is beautiful. He put his name on my phone. Doesn't that mean we're something already?"

"Stop it, Jang Rina. That's too cheesy, ugh!" Haejin taunted. Haejin just looked away as she finished her strawberry donut.

While Rina could only care about the staff boy. "Like a sweet strawberry donut, I will remember your sweetness, Park Sunghoon," Rina mused, leaving Haejin no other choice but to ignore her dreamy rumbling.