19

N I N E T E E N

·

"Hey, look. That guy, right there, can you see him? He's dating the dean from our college."

"What the hell, Rina, why do you know that?"

Rina rolled her eyes before muching on her burger. "Well, I have eyes everywhere. Song Haejin, I'm basically a know-it-all for university gossip."

"Well, I bet you don't know I'm getting closer with my favorite author!" Haejin took a heavy sip on her cola as Rina looked at her in curiosity.

Rina smiled. "Oh, right. How'd it go? He sent you a d-pic already?"

"No, goodness!" Haejin faintly hit her friends shoulder before explaining. "He asked for my address. Ha! I'm amazing, right?"

"Wait, that means he will come over and make out with you!"

Haejin threw her crumpled burger wrapper towards Rina. "You have wild imaginations, Jang Rina. That will not happen—he only wants to send me some of his favorite books," Haejin said before following her words with a sigh. "Am I really this lucky? I'm quite worried that he finds me annoying. I mean, it's his book that I want, after all."

"Maybe you should try to be a little bit more convincing. Take me, for example; I sent the Sunghoon guy a selfie last night."

"Sunghoon? You mean, the coffee shop boy?"

"Yes. He sent a selfie back! Oh, the things I get for being the goddess of beauty."

"Good for you, Miranda," Haejin responded, clearly with faint bitterness. "Well, I don't think it's necessary for me to do anything like it. I mean, what would an author do to my selfie? It's useless. I need a more concrete plan."

"Maybe you should ask Jungwon. He probably knows about male fantasies more than we do."

"That sounds so wrong, Rina! But actually, I have been thinking about him too. Maybe he can give me something a little bit less stupid than your ideas."

"Hey!" Rina rolled her eyes. "At least I'm getting myself a boyfriend soon. If everything works out with Sunghoon, I might give up on my dream of becoming Sunoo's bride," Rina laughed hysterically as she referenced her favorite vlogger. "Oh, and by the way, Haejin, I will meet with him next week. He works multiple part time jobs and if I schedule it on Wednesday, I will probably pick him up at the coffee shop. If it's Thursday, it's the convenience store, then."

"Such a passionate man, he is—that Sunghoon of yours. Do not spoil him too much with your expensive way of living, Jang Rina."

"You should come. You can bring Jungwon and it'll be a double date," Rina said, making a suggestion, which unfortunately made Haejin a bit more infuriated.

Haejin brushed it off with a playful laugh. "Bitch, I told you, Jungwon and I–"

"Then bring Jake. I thought he lives in Seoul."

"He does! But..." Haejin was suddenly put into a slight pause. "Yes, he does." Haejin was lost in thought after hearing Rina's invitation that came alongside strong, suggestive urges.

Every Little Thing · heeseungOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara