Chapter 2: Preparation for War

Opening Theme: Shikisai

3rd POV:

At the café, Charmander was watching some of this world's version of television. He was watching a show called "Phoenix Ranger Featherman R", a popular T.V. show that revolves around five color-coordinated, bird-themed superheroes who fight against evil monsters that threaten to destroy the planet. 

Charmander seemed to be enchanted by the show and had stars in his eyes while watching. 

TV Voice #1:  Merlion! The evil forces of FALLEN stop here!

TV Voice #2: How dare you oppose me! Minionlings! Get them!

Charmander continued to watch the show but then heard the door opening and closing. 

Thomas: Charmander! I'm back!

Charmander looked happy to see him back. Thomas heads towards one of the tables and sets the books down. After Thomas sets them down, Charmander jumps up and hugs Thomas, all while Thomas can catch him.

Thomas: Hey now! Don't worry, I'm alright. I got all the books I need. 

Thomas looks up at the show that Charmander is watching, and starts to get some déjà vu from watching it.

Thomas: Hey. . .  that show looks familiar for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thomas tries to remember, but he ultimately shrugs and decides to forget about it.

Thomas: Whatever. (presses a button and turns off the T.V.) C'mon,  how about we make some curry for dinner?

Charmander: (excited) Charmander!

Thomas POV:

I start to walk to the kitchen, I notice that Charmander stopped where he was and started to look at something.

Charmander: Charmander?

Thomas: Is something wrong?

I look to where Charmander was staring, and I looked at my hand, which had some red "stains" on it.

Thomas: ('thinking' )'Did I get blood on my hand? I didn't think I got anything on me, but I guess I'll wash it off.' Don't worry, it's nothing. Go get some ingredients from the bag.

Charmander nodded as he waddled off to get some of the ingredients from one of our bags. I walked to the sink, turned the water on, and grabbed some soap to wash it off. However, it had been at least ten seconds since I tried washing it off, but it wouldn't.

Thomas: 'What the hell? It's not washing off?'

I tried to wash it off with even more force, but it still didn't work. I kept scrubbing for about a minute, but it persists. I started to get stares from Charmander, and I got my hand away from the sink to look at it.

Thomas: 'Okay, seriously, what the hell? It won't come off, and I know it's not some bruise since that guy couldn't even hurt me. So why won't it-?'

But then, my eyes widened to a horrifying realization, as I realized that there wasn't any blood on my hand. Nor a bruise.

Thomas: No. . . Don't tell me this-! AAAUUGGHH!