Chapter 5

Nicole: The Woman in Black

900,000 likes ~ 10,000 comments

---

Sebastian has a showcase in Santa Monica so Lilian volunteered to watch Rochelle for the day while I attend the event with Miracle. My sister and I are still not cool but I am giving her a chance to redeem herself.

"Wow." Miracle looks around the venue in awe. "I've got to hand it to him, Sebastian definitely knows what he's doing."

I give her the side eye, "That's the downgrade life for you."

"Nicole." Miracle lets out a dramatic sigh. "I did not mean in a bad way, I was talking about their status. That sounds bad but..."

"But you said it nonetheless." I smile at a few familiar faces as we make our way backstage. I always make it a point to see Sebastian before the show begins even if it's for a minute.

"It's because I'm jealous of you." I stop in my tracks and turn back to look at my only sibling. "You have always had your life together and the best men wanting to be with you while I had nothing."

"Then why diss me?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

"Because you stay dissing yourself." Miracle smiles sadly. "I don't give a shit about who you date, I only want you to be happy and you are yet you allow people to bring you down. You have the very best in life, Sebastian may be younger but that man adores you and that beautiful daughter of yours."

Instead of responding with my words, I throw my arms around her and we embrace for a moment.

"Ok." I tell her with a smile and she smiles back at me.

"Ok?"

"I forgive you but don't mistake my kindness for weakness." I wink at her. "Now let's go see my man before the show begins."

A member of staff recognizes me and leads us to Sebastian who is giving everyone backstage a speech of encouragement. My man is very well respected by the people who he works with so I sit back and listen to him.