5...

"If you loved her so much you might as well have put a ring on it

"If you loved her so much you might as well have put a ring on it." The tall blonde snickered.

"I uh did actually. It wasn't an expensive one, but she loved it anyway." He smiled recalling the memory. No amount of snarky replies could damper his mood when he spoke of her.

--------------------

They were walking home after one of Ennoshita's games. It wasn't a major one, but still losing put him in a sad mood. Y/n frowned at her boyfriend's face. She hated seeing him sad. Then an idea hit her. Stopping outside of convince store she pushed him onto one of the benches.

"Wait here! I'll be right back." He saw her h/c hair disappear into the store. Still in a daze he tried to make sense of her sudden disappearance.

Placing his head on hands he stared at the ground beneath his feet. 'One piece of gum, two lady bugs, one dead worm' maybe if he didn't think about losing it wouldn't bother him. So there he sat, counting everything he could.

"I'm back!" Returning she flashed him one of her famous grins. That alone was almost enough to return his mood to normal.

She lowered onto one knee and held out a shiny toy ring. Smiling she took his hand into hers and slide the ring onto his finger. Then placed a matching one in his.

"Now you put one on mine!" She held out her hand as she watched his bewildered face. His nose was scrunched up in confusion as he stared at the ring. It happened all too fast for him to process.

Then he erupted into a state of laughter. Of course, she would do something like this to cheer him up. Sliding the ring onto her finger he wiped the stray tears from the corner of his eyes. Standing up he pulled her into a hug. The taller of the two rested their head on the other as they held onto each other. "Thank you" he whispered quietly. Humming in response she pulled away and held her hand out next to his.

"We have to get used to wearing these so that in the future we can get better ones!" She exclaimed as she gazed at their matching rings. It was just a circle of plastic. A silver one for her, and a gold one for him. A little off-colored. The sides weren't even cut right. Yet it was perfect. Why? Because it was proof of their love.

How silly is it, that two kid's rings can bring so much joy? Falling in love is such a simple concept. So simple, it was almost crazy how simple it was. All it took was one girl to make him this happy. Nothing more, nothing less.

--------------------

"Do you still have the ring senpai?" Questioned the usually quiet Yamaguchi.

"He does actually, see the necklace he always wears? It's on there."

"I can answer for myself Tanaka! But yes he is right." He carefully pulls the chain on his shirt and reveals a battered silver ring.

" He carefully pulls the chain on his shirt and reveals a battered silver ring

You'll see why their rings were switched further into the story :)