2 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬.

[ How evergreen, our group of friends, don't think we'll say that word again. ]

. . .

"

Why must you always be so violent, Tonks?"

"What was I meant to do? Carry her as if I were cradling a helpless child?"

"She is a helpless child. Only 16, think about the amount of bruises and scars we saw earlier."

"Do you think she'll wake up soon?"

"Doubt it, what with Tonks knocking her out as if she were an animal in a zoo."

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU --- "

"Mum, I think I recognise her from somewhere . . . "

"No kidding, she's the girl that went missing, remember! Lestrange!"

Adara woke up to this conversation in full progress, though it soon turned blurry as she paid it no attention. All she could think about was of a way of escape. It had happened in a number of seconds. She recalled comforting the stray kitten in her bag, and then being knocked to the ground like a rag doll.

Now, she was in a room, presumably for dining. The place seemed rather fancy with the expensive tables, cutlery and tapestry. But that was the least of Adara's concerns. All she could think of was the fact she was, again, trapped. Confined by bars in the place she most desperately wanted to flee from.

No. No. No. No . . .

They hadn't noticed her waking up until she slightly shifted in her chair, causing all heads to turn. However, the four wizards that had confronted her earlier were now tripled in numbers. Around 12-14 wizards stood before her, some even looking her own age.

"Padfoot" had stepped up first, cradling the stray kitten. His steps were soft and calculated, as if afraid he'd hurt her with his normal, confident strides. With care, he knelt down to the level of her chair so they were faced to face and whispered to her in a voice that only they could hear.

"Hey, I'm Sirius." he had begun, "Do you know who my mother is?"

Adara was silent for a moment but then responded politely with: "I think so, Walburga Black. She's my mother's aunt."

Sirius chuckled and only nodded grudgingly. "I'm still trying to figure out what that makes me to you, in our relation, of course. I'm your mother's cousin."