13 - 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭.

[ If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me

[ If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me. ]

. . .

       Adara had never seen such hostility and excitement amongst her peers. It was the first match of the quidditch season. But it wasn't just any match --- stakes were high. Gryffindor vs. Slytherin: Hogwarts' most determined and rivaled houses. Years of resentment hadn't died down, and quidditch matches seemed to unleash an even more tense and brutal atmosphere that spread amongst the whole school.

And it was Harry's first game as captain. He was The Boy Who Lived, Gryffindor's Golden Boy as some may call him, and captain of the their quidditch team. His first game as captain would be crucial. Gryffindor also needed this win to have an edge over the other houses for the annual quidditch season.

So, Adara walked to the Great Hall, full of nerves, and simply stopped at the wide-opened doors to take in her surroundings.

      The top of the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables were crowded by the quidditch teams, all dressed in their attire for the match soon to come. The hall was louder than ever before, and voices lapped over one another, making it difficult to process much. Adara took a few deep breaths before walking down the aisle between the Gryffindor and hufflepuff tables.

"Morning, Adara." Hermione greeted, offering a weak smile. Adara returned it, noticing that Harry and Ron had yet to say a word. They only looked downwards at their breakfasts, though Harry attempted a meek grin.

Nonetheless, Adara took her seat next to Harry and buttered some toast. She silently pushed it to the boy, who turned to her, his expression blank, yet full of emotion that she couldn't decipher.

"Eat." Adara insisted softly, "Please. You need your strength."

She saw he was going to protest --- probably wave her off with an empty excuse. He opened his mouth but then closed it, words trapped in his throat. After a benign sigh, Harry obeyed. He took the bit of toast and started eating as Adara watched him.

    Truth be told, Adara was quite nervous. She didn't want Harry or Ron to hurt themselves during the match. They had already gotten a notable number of threats, interferences and sneers from Slytherins the day before. And Adara only hoped her friends would grow in confidence once on the pitch. Both Ron and Harry needed this.

"You two will be alright," Hermione took the motivational role amongst the group, "If anything, all you need to worry about is the Slytherins playing rough --- "

"What's that on your hand?!" Ron interrupted. He pointed to Adara's hand, his eyes alarmed at the sight.

Oh.

Adara sighed.

Prior to her arrival in the Great Hall, Adara made sure to show her Gryffindor pride by painting mini flags on her cheeks. One red stripe; then a golden one in the middle; and then a final red stripe at the bottom. She had painted these on both her cheeks. Although it wasn't the biggest display of support, as she knew Seamus was painting his whole face red and gold, it still felt nice to show her support for her house and for her new friends.