3 - 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

[ I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings

[ I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings. ]

. . .

"Um --- hello?" a voice. An uknown voice. Yet known all the same.

Adara clenched her teeth at the greeting. She hadn't been expecting anyone.

Nonetheless, she kept her eyes on the portrait and Mara in her arms before muttering a feeble 'hello'.

"Sorry, I just thought I'd say hi, to be polite and all." a boy, seemingly her own age. That's all she could make out. From her peripheral vision, Adara could only see that the boy was tall, possibly around six foot.

"That's okay, just came out of Dumbledore's office." her gaze didn't dare to shift.

"What'd he say?"

"Nothing." she rushed out.

Silence.

The boy moved closer.

"That part cut out was where Peter Pettigrew sat."

Adara shifted slightly. "Yeah, I figured."

The boy turned to face her, but still, Adara's gaze fixated on the landscaped photot. Determination was embedded in her irises with only one aim: do not make eye contact.

"How'd you know about Peter?"

"I may have disappeared from the Wizarding World for a good while, but I still know basic history. He was one of Voldemort's supporters?"

The boy seemed to have drifted away slightly before responding : "Yeah . . . yeah, he was."

Adara quite liked his voice. It didn't scare her, and it seemed peaceful and wasn't too harsh. She liked that.

"Why'd you leave?"

No answer.

"Lestrange?"

No answer.

"Lestrange?"

She had no intention of answering. At least not truthfully. And the boy was poking his nose where it wasn't wanted.

"I have my reasons, alright?" she settled on with a tired sigh.

Silence.