rants of the mdc: revisited

Is Vee really going to rant about other rants in the mdc? Yes, yes she is. 

Okay, let's get something straight; I'm bringing these rants up for a reason. There's some serious problems I need to address. Now, rant threads in and of themselves are a bad idea. They harbor negativity and usually lead to mod intervention. But, negativity can happen anywhere, even in SinisterSushi's brilliant "Let's make the MDC a better place" thread. This chapter is somewhat inspired by what happened on that thread. 

First, I'd like to comemorate Sushi for making us all reflect on how to make the forum better. I'm actually really impressed with what came out of it (MDCInsiders). 

Okay, onto the rants. 

1. "Don't even try to ask for constructive criticism on GS. It's just about compliments and ego stroking these days. It's so disgusting."

It seems like every time people in the mdc get the "ranting urge," the same ballistic shit is regurgitated over and over. And I'm getting really, really ticked off with all the rants regarding Forcade's Graphic Stalkers. (And shh I know I ranted about GS a while back but shut up this is different.)

LOOK BRUH, anyone who says this is definitely missing the fucking point of GS. This thread is about the STALKERS. It's about the people who want to brighten their day by looking at pretty graphics. It's about getting on your phone and scrolling through 30 pages of inspiration, but then your phone starts to die and you don't want to get the charger because it's upstairs and you think you should just switch to your laptop but your Dad's on it right now so you're just sitting there hoping the 14% of juice on your phone lasts the next ten minutes. 

Getting back on track, no, graphic stalkers isn't about YOU. It isn't about the designers, really. The people who reply back and compliment you are doing it out of the kindness of their heart and not because that's what the thread's about. I remember back in GS V1 when people used to know this. 

Yes, I know you can't get a critique on GS. But, that's the point of the thread so don't complain about it. Make a goddamn "give me a critique" thread if you want amateurs to shit on you THAT badly. 

2. "Everyone here is so cliquey GAWD."

Good Lord save me from this fuckery.

Where are these "cliques" of which you speak? Where? Because I've been in this club for three years and the only "clique" I remember is that big group of legends like hunnaycakes, weareahurricane, darksociety, isasecret, etc. (Yeah, I remember them being really intimidating with all their threads and skype chats, but even they let people in if they had the balls to talk to them.)

I mean, you're basically ranting about people having friends. Dafuq? You feeling too shy to jump into a convo isn't because of a CLIQUE, it's because of your insecurities. Your being ignored on GS isn't because of a CLIQUE, it's because they either didn't see you or have nothing to say about your work. You not being able to make friends on Wattpad isn't because of the CLIQUES, it's because you need to straighten your life out. 

I just feel like this is a really, really old rant that keeps getting brought up for no fucking reason. I mean, cliques by definition is a group of people who share a common interest (varsity jocks, art freaks, asian nerds, etc). If you think about it, the MDC is just one big geeky clique within Wattpad. We all love designing! And, that makes us all connected. 

3. "omg zayn left 1d WHHHYYYY"

Okay, this wasn't really the rant I wanted to talk about. In all honestly, I forgot all the other rants I wanted to talk about and I lost the link to the thread. (Whoever sends me the link will get my undying love.)

So, I guess this is over, so, in conclusion...

I understand the need to rant, okay? (Why do you think I started writing this?) But, please just keep your rants educated and stop REGURTITATING OTHER RANTS YOU HEAR A LOT. People are supposed to rant when they actually have a problem that needs addressing, not to add to a shitpile. If you want to rant, rant about stuff like this:

        - How Wattpad HQ totally doesn't care about it's graphic designers anymore 
                 [ omg i'm actually going to make the next chap about this ]
        - How the forums need to be upgraded
                [ more subs, like buttons, search bar for threads, etc. ]
        - How WP HQ is FUCKING SELLING OUT with all these movie promos and THOSE                 GODAWFUL STICKERS

See? Rant about the problems that matter. Make the world a better place.