02: searching

찾아요 - 케빈문

the raven haired boy groans as he ends up missing the last bus. he's currently trying to find his soulmate after years of not knowing and wondering.

yesterday he received a premonition about his soulmate. things they like, tiny hints to where they are, and more.

in his vision, he saw the tall boy at a library studying with an iced americano in his hand. he was wearing a pretty flannel with a white graphic tee, and some jeans to accompany it.

his sandy blonde hair and his prominent collarbone. kevin likes it all, except their face was well..

blurred.

kevin huffs and runs his fingers through his recently cut hair roughly.

"i'm so close.." he mumbles as tears trickle down his slim cheeks, his eyelashes starting to stick together.

soft, silent crying turns into loud hiccups and irregular breathing.

the voice in kevin's head tries it's best to calm the twenty year old down, but it doesn't help.

he feels terrible for missing the bus. he was so close, almost at his second to final destination.

he took a plane to toronto two days ago since that's what the sign of the library said, it said something about toronto and now he's here.

kevin wipes his eyes and begins walking in the direction the bus was supposed to go.

his feet dragged against the pavement, his converses getting scuffed up a little.

the stars twinkle all around the helpless boy in search of loving his soulmate to the fullest of his ability.

the sky seems to darken as the grey clouds cover the bright, yellow, reflecting light of the moon.

thunder could be heard in the distance and that made kevin worry.

it's going to rain soon, he knows it yet he hates it.

kevin picks up his pace, feeling as if he could beat the storm if he runs fast enough.

the raven haired's converses slap against the sidewalk loudly as he runs his way down a road that's unfamiliar to him.

the small amount of people were looking at him with confused eyes as they had umbrellas over their heads and a protective layer.

while kevin had on his backpack, jeans, and a pink anime shirt because he thought it looked cool.

wind blows through his hair as he continues to run, his legs starting to finally ache.

he was just a few miles away from the place before the rain drops hit down on his face, head, and sidewalk.

not determined to give up, he keeps running, trying to beat the rain but it's no use.

rain drops patter more quickly now, the thunder's strong noise seems to be booming in his ears as he stops running.

kevin almost collapses as he falls to his knees out of breath.

"i'm almost there." he says aloud to himself as he stands up.

he begins running once again, not caring that his hair is sticking to his forehead, that rain is flowing down his face and slightly blurring his vision, or that his clothes were getting soaked and cold, sticking to his small frame.

after about an eternity, he makes it to the place, the library he saw in his premonition of his lover; his soulmate.

he goes towards the door and tries to pull on it, but no ones there, they're closed.

he was simply hours late. they closed at nine, it's currently ten forty five.

sadness overwhelms kevin once again.

this time, he let the tears fall freely, not caring where they landed, the rain would wash them away anyway.

"hey, do you need help?"

kevin opens his eyes and looks up to see someone with an umbrella and a drink in their hand, a coffee which smelled like an iced americano.

"i-i'm fine." he shakily replies, his breathing still hasn't gone back to normal.

"come on, you're soaking wet."

kevin finally complies and stands up. the stranger gives kevin the coffee and lets him stand under his red umbrella with him.

"why are you all out here by yourself?" the stranger asks and that's when the raven haired realizes that his heart is beating miles a minute.

he makes eye contact with the elder and notices the flannel and graphic tee.

"y-you.. you're.."

the stranger flashes an awkward, but adorable smile his way.

"y-yeah.. i am," he replies.

"something kinda told me you were here," he shrugs and kevin's frown turns into a soft, shy smile across his face.

"how far did you come?"

"from vancouver," kevin answers.

"god.. that's so far.. all those miles?"

kevin nodded, sipping at his cold iced americano.

it didn't make him any colder, but it made him feel warm, or either his soulmate just radiated warmth onto kevin with their close proximity.

"let's get you cleaned up at my place, it's not too far," the boy says.

"can i get your name?"

"jacob, yours?"

"kevin," he smiles.