05: not him

requested by @_crossgeneflower_

큐뉴

a faint knock on changmin's door causes him to pause the movie he's watching and to remove his chucky doll from his grasp.

he heads over towards the door to be greeted by a red faced chanhee with slightly wet cheeks.

"c-changmin," he chokes out.

the younger of the two pulls chanhee into his chest and closes his door.

"what's wrong chanhee hyung?"

the said boy pulls away from the crook of his bestfriend's neck and looks up at him, rubbing his nose on his hoodie sleeve.

the hoodie is one of the things he's gotten from changmin for his birthday.

"i just like him so much changmin. i was too scared to tell anyone else," he replies.

"but i knew you wouldn't judge me. which is why i'm here. i practically embarrassed myself in front of hoonie hyung.. oh god.. what if he thinks i'm a clumsy mess?" chanhee continues, starting to panic.

"woah woah woah. calm down channie, it'll be okay," changmin reassures.

"would a movie help you calm down?"

"not a horror one. and put that freaking doll away!" chanhee points at chucky laying limp on his bestfriend's bed.

"whyyy~? chucky's so cuteee~!" he whines and lets go of chanhee to hold chucky in his arms.

chanhee shrieks. "put it away changmin!" he whines out.

"fine. fineee~!" the younger says and places chucky in the chair in the corner of his room with annabelle.

"what movie?"

changmin gives chanhee the remote upon his request and he finally chooses encanto.

both 98 liners lay underneath changmin's blankets together while watching the movie.

it's been a week since changmin was told about chanhee's crush on their bandmate younghoon.

he finally noticed how chanhee's eyes sparkle when talking to the older. except today.

today there wasn't anymore sparkles in chanhee's eyes when he talked to younghoon, matter of fact, he barely talked to him or changmin; his very own bestfriend.

it's been days and changmin was starting to worry.

tonight there's a soft knock on changmin's door. the same one he heard a week prior.

"come in," changmin says and the door creaks open slowly.

"i'm not bothering you, am i?"

"of course not channie. i couldn't really sleep anyway."

chanhee came over and gets underneath changmin's blankets. the younger's arms automatically wrapping around the older boy.