06: cherry picking

sunric

the shorter of the pair skips down the gravely road towards their cozy home in the countryside.

youngjae's mother needed help harvesting and he couldn't help but agree to do so.

"i'm so excited," youngjae smiles towards sunwoo holding his straw basket with a cream colored ribbon around some parts.

sunwoo grabs a hold of their friends hand and intertwines their fingers.

"you look adorable when you're happy like this. especially in your pretty blue shirt and sunflower hat," sunwoo compliments.

youngjae's cheeks go bright red, the heat in his face traveling towards his hands making them sweaty.

youngjae tries to pull away from sunwoo's hold but to no avail.

"my hands are sweaty," he whines and sunwoo smiles.

"that's okay. i don't mind."

both boys continued down the long path. sunwoo complimented him along their way; enjoying the redness youngjae produces on his slim cheeks.

"eomma! we're here," youngjae says and his mom gets up, hugging him tightly.

"i've missed you so much," his mother says as she pulls away.

"i've missed you too."

"who's this? is this the boy you've been talking about so much lately?"

the red tint seems to never get the chance to leave the raven haired's face.

his angry face at his mom earns a small laugh from sunwoo.

"i talk about you to my parents too youngjae."

"i'm sunwoo by the way."

the older woman nods.

"i've managed to pick all the strawberries and blueberries. but you know what comes with old age."

"where's dad?"

"out in the town, he should be back soon."

eric and sunwoo nod in return and make their way to where the cherries are.

"i've never picked cherries before," eric smiles his adorable smile causing sunwoo's heart to flutter happily.

"neither have i."

once they figured it out, they began doing it the right way, already finished with row one of four.

"luckily i brought the basket you got me."

sunwoo nods and picks a few cherries off their stems, placing them into eric's basket.

sunwoo giggles.

"hmph what is it? are you laughing at me?" youngjae huffs and crosses his arms pouting, not picking cherries anymore.

"your cheeks get red like this," the raven haired says and holds two cherries from the basket in front of his cheeks.

giggles and a flushed face erupts from youngjae.

tiny things like this makes his feelings for sunwoo grow stronger and make him feel lively.

sunwoo holds a cherry against youngjae's plump lips as he waits for him to eat it.

youngjae opens his mouth and takes the cherry, enjoying it.

his tiny hands grab a cherry from the basket and places it against sunwoo's lips, replicating what he did to him.

sunwoo's heart races as he stares into youngjae's chocolate orbs. he takes the cherry gracefully and eats it.

they were a bit sour but that didn't matter to them. what mattered was that they had each other in their presence.

the two continue cherry picking until sunwoo stops eric by grabbing his wrist gently.

he places his hand onto his shoulder, and does the same with his other hand.

sunwoo places his hands onto youngjae's waist and looks into his eyes with their sharp gaze.

butterflies flutter around outside of their cages in youngjae's stomach.

"how about a kiss?" sujwoo asks, his heart being irregularly to the point he believes it'll burst out of his chest soon.

youngjae couldn't form words so he just nodded as a response.

sunwoo's lips collided with eric in a passionate kiss.

their overwhelming feelings finally getting satisfied.

— originally a gxg