03: confession

자백 - 김영훈

younghoon scribbles onto a piece of notebook paper that he ripped out.

hi i'm younghoon. i love you so much, please be mine?

younghoon shook his head and scratched out the failed attempt.

he groans quietly but a few people in class look his way.

he bows his head a little as a small apology.

after this class, he's going to see his longtime crush.

his cheeks redden at the thought. the thought of him confessing to his crush seems like a wild dream.

he moves his dark brunette fringe out of his eyes. he didn't style it this morning since his crush said he likes it better down.

he knows how much of a fool he is for the orange, peach haired boy and his fairy-like features.

his pretty smile he showcases every second unless he's upset, his dolphin-like laugh and screams, his long neck, and of course his love for horror movies.

most people would think it's weird or idiotic and insane, but younghoon doesn't care. he sees changmin for who he is and adores it.

the bell rings and the brunette stuffs the written note into his notebook quickly, while being careful of the people around him.

"ready for gym class?" jacob asks and younghoon nods.

"yeah, sure hyung."

changmin's in younghoon and jacob's gym class which means he'll be in close proximity of his crush.

younghoon's cheeks turn into crimson as he dreamily walks beside jacob thinking of all the things him and changmin could do.

stargazing, watching horror movies even though he hates them, dancing underneath the dead stars in the sky.

both boys make it to gym class. younghoon gets dressed last and begins writing in his notebook again.

hi. i'm younghoon, nice to meet you. i really, really like you.

no, no, no, the brunette thinks. it's not good enough.

"maybe just a casual conversation then i say i like him so much," younghoon thinks aloud.

"like who so much?"

younghoon places his notebook behind his back, crumpling up the paper in his other hand and facing a confused, head tilted changmin.

"n-nothing!" younghoon replies, his face, neck, and ears turning red.

giggles leave changmin's mouth and he smiles softly.

"coach told me to come get you. we're on the same team for basketball."

"oh, well thank you."

"i'm changmin by the way," he smiles, his eyes turning to crescent moons like the one in the sky.

"younghoon."

both boys leave the locker room and go onto the court.

younghoon couldn't help but get distracted. he almost got hit in the face by the ball if it wasn't for juyeon.

"snap out of it kim," the coach grumbles and he removes himself from his dreamlike state.

eventually he's back in the locker room, practicing his lines all over again.

hey changmin, i have something to tell you. i like you a lot and i always have.

younghoon replays the words over and over in his head as he heads over to changmin and his friends.

"oh hey hoonie, do you need me?" changmin asks with a smile on his face, his dimple showing.

he nodded in response, unable to form words.

he didn't expect changmin to have a nickname for him already. especially a cute one like that.

changmin waves bye to his friends chanhee, kevin, and juyeon.

"what did you need?" he asks as he looks at younghoon, but his gaze was towards his fumbling fingers.

"well.. i needed to uh.. to tell you something."

his nervousness could be detected a mile away. his cheeks dusted a cute shade of pink, his eyes focusing on his fingers that were trembling gently.

the peach haired boy notices and takes ahold of younghoon's shaky hands in his.

"don't be scared hoonie."

"i... i.."

younghoon couldn't form the words anymore. his whole script left his mind blank; he just couldn't think of it.

younghoon's uneven breaths began to go back to normal.

"i like you changmin," he finally says, his gaze went from changmin's face, to the ground in a short second.

changmin's eyes widen with surprise but he fills with butterflies nonetheless.

"hoonie? you mean it? like really mean it?"

this time changmin has rosy cheeks and excitement laced in his brown orbs and his tone of voice.

"yes. it's been so long," the elder replies.

younghoon was in changmin's grasp before a soft kiss found it's way to his cheek.

"i like you too hoonie. please be mine?"

younghoon nods and hugs changmin once again, this time engulfing his mixed scent; strawberry and mango.